Condor Kukri Heavy Duty Knife & Alone

I ordered a Condor Kukri HD Knife and had difficulty finding one in stock, all the usual places were sold out. I had checked earlier and found many at reasonable prices.

I can only blame Alan on Alone for bringing attention to the Condor, at least he caused me to buy mine. I wanted to try a kukri for some time and the Condor was the right price and size.

Anyone else have experience with one?

You might try 42Blades on this forum as he is a Condor dealer. My khuk is Himalayan Imports also from this forum. I couldn't be happier with mine.--KV

Are you sure it was the one Alan used on the show? Because I told myself "I have to get that knife" on every episode. If it is indeed the Condor Heavy Kukri, can anyone give his opinion about it?
Pros, cons...?
I am pretty interested since there was a thread not a long time ago about a broken Condor Kukri that showed bad tempering and ugly grain in the steel.

Thanks everybody!

Try Gurkhaknives if you want a great kukri they are on the forum
I just got two and they are the best value I've seen
I got a bonecutter and a chiruwa angkhola (full tang)
Good to deal with and he guarantees them
Some of those production blades look good but are quick to disappoint you
I've got a box full of em

I got my first condor chopper only about a week ago.. (a duku parang). Liked it so much I went and ordered an El Salvadore machete with micarta handles (which just arrived about 10 mins ago, just in time for the weekend!)
My experience with condor is only brief, but so far I think its really good stuff..
I also know condor will 100% back up their product.
Am interested in your review! im pretty sure it will be awesome

Received my Condor yesterday.

Pretty impressed with it all around and nothing I can find to complain about. Handles had nice grain figure which I hadn't expected. Nice leather sheath that is well thought out and practical.

If there is something to complain about it is needs an edge as it is a little better than dinner ware I don't see that as a problem and gives me an opportunity to play with it.

Problem is, I never know how much would it cost to ship those to Europe. Every time I see the "Deals for ---" in the HI subforum I am tempted to get one, but since there are no shipping costs listed I assume they'd add $50 to the total amount so it's not sucha smoking deal anymore.

Any info on that?
Thanks!

Problem is, I never know how much would it cost to ship those to Europe. Every time I see the "Deals for ---" in the HI subforum I am tempted to get one, but since there are no shipping costs listed I assume they'd add $50 to the total amount so it's not sucha smoking deal anymore.

Any info on that?
Thanks!

Yangdu can give you the shipping info by email. She's super friendly and accommodating. My favorite khuk is the Cold Steel Gurkha. I'm also now playing with a Becker BK4 Machax, which is a modern interpretation of a khukuri. They are selling cheap because they're discontinued ($60 shipped in the US). After stripping the sand paper finish off and doing some light re-profiling work, I'm really liking it. The Ontario khukuri is also a very nice blade I mention these because they may be easier for you to find in Europe. In the end, khukuri are fantastic outdoor tools and I recommend finding whatever type is available and playing with one.

Some people have "complained" that the Condor stuff rusts really easy. I don't recall noticing any big rust issues with Alan's and certainly in the environment/situation he was in, it would have rusted if not cared for daily.

Some people have "complained" that the Condor stuff rusts really easy. I don't recall noticing any big rust issues with Alan's and certainly in the environment/situation he was in, it would have rusted if not cared for daily.

Alan himself complained during the show given the rainfall and relative humidity, and his blade looked like hell. It might have cleaned up somewhat but I'm sure it got permanent pits in the process.

I loved that sheath set up using a shamagh as a belt for it. Looked like a great way to be able to move it around your waist and carry it at different angles. Great idea. Here is a link to a photo that someone had on another forum.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/alone-alan-kay.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=683

If you look at the picture there is a lot of paracord on the sheath which was not one of his ten items. Good idea if they let you have it.

Got a workable edge on mine. It will slice paper but will take awhile to get it exactly like I want as it isn't "pretty."

I think I may have put too low an angle on it but I don't expect to cut dry hardwoods. Hopefully I'll get to work with it tomorrow.

I really like hatchets but I see how this kukri can be far more versatile as a cutter, slicer as well as what I would use a machete for when chopping limbs and weeds.

I'm assuming if you learn how to use it will make a great tool.
Personally never wormed up to this particular blade style.

If you look at the picture there is a lot of paracord on the sheath which was not one of his ten items. Good idea if they let you have it.

I see no para cord.
And Allan looks considerably heavier compared to Allan in the last episode.

That is the shamagh not paracord. I have the exact same one. Ordered several at once off of amazon was looking for one that would stick out despite my colorblindness in the woods. That is just the pattern on it.

Last edited:
I liked the khuck I had, kabar's regular one. Kinda wish I hadn't traded it, but it was a bit heavy to hike with. Thinking I should try to grab a bk4 while I have the chance, but against aussie hardwoods, a bit useless.

I did find it interesting that those guys all went into a humid, salty environment with carbon steel blades. and generally ugly ones at that.

Back