Contemporary twist on traditionals - where's yours

Chui Chui

Is it possible for you to weigh your Dunlap gentleman's trapper? As you see, I have the lightning strike carbon fiber version, and I'm wondering if there's any weight difference. If there is any weight added in the lighting strike CF, I expect it's minimal - only a few grams or so - but I'm still curious.

I hope my modest Moki counts? A 3 3/8" lock back which is linerless, featherlight G-10 and flawless build-quality.

Thanks, Will

elQUG5f.jpg

The Fish Owls have black linen micarta handles, not G10 fiberglass.

They're all nice, but that Dowell...WOW!

Who made the blue carbon fiber knife? How about a shot of it with the blade open?

The blue LSCF Zulu is also one of Bret's, Stunning finish.

2rx9s36.jpg

dykm85.jpg

Also here is a Lanny's by Pepe that is no longer with me... I think Aribach has this now!

1e166r.jpg

Chui Chui

Is it possible for you to weigh your Dunlap gentleman's trapper? As you see, I have the lightning strike carbon fiber version, and I'm wondering if there's any weight difference. If there is any weight added in the lighting strike CF, I expect it's minimal - only a few grams or so - but I'm still curious.

- will do, but please bear with me as I have to haul outta the safe and find it again!

Even W.R. Case has gotten into the modern materials game with the linerless carbon fiber handle scales on a number if their offerings including the Sodbuster.

Last edited:
Back