1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Contest

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Mar 15, 2019.

1. JackHammer

JackHammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2010
    It's been awhile since I posted here but since it is a contest I may as well get my 2 cents in. My favorite JK has been the Compact Combat/Survival knife that John offered back in 3/2012. I snagged the first one which may be the only one out there. 3/16" thick O1 made a tough knife that is usually found in my truck console and has cut up food, small game, and been used to baton firewood. The blade is stained but still sharp and the green canvas micarta is smooth rich brown, in all, my favorite JK. SAM_0416 (2).JPG SAM_0418.JPG

protourist, ty_higg, cbach8tw and 2 others like this.
  2. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I can't tell you how many times I've come back to look at this Bluegill. It's a beautiful knife.

3. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Thank you much! John really worked his magic with this one.

dc50, RussB, mykel m and 3 others like this.
  4. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    The prize will be a $25 voucher on your next JK purchase. Not much, but things are pretty tight here with car insurance this month, home insurance next month, and first property tax payment in May.

cbach8tw, Creaky Bones, RussB and 2 others like this.
  5. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    I'll also throw in a custom knife sheath done however the winner wants it, or a custom wallet winners choice!

Edit:
    Also I'm not in the contest just wanted to post my favorite JK!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    That’s VERY generous of you! :thumbsup:

Jeff

ty_higg and RussB like this.
  7. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Very generous!

ty_higg likes this.
  8. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    The girls are back from Spring Break with their Dad, and have picked favorite!
    rdrogers is the winner of the $25 credit (they thought the peppers really set it off)

1066vik, Phill50, ty_higg and 4 others like this.
  9. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I like the judges good judgement!! :D Now rdrogers should have a victory lap by making another meal showing the use of the entry knife, or with the eventual one he may get with the discount. And the sheath that tyhiggs throws in will make it a great combination to boot. Congrats to rdrogers.

10. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Congrats @rdrogers! I'm glad to see the creator of the Bluegill win this one!

JK Knives likes this.
  11. rdrogers

rdrogers Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Wow! I never win anything. Thank the girls for me!
    Now I have to figure out what to order. Suggestions are welcome.

12. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    Congrats @rdrogers ill make you a sheath for any one of your knives you have currently or for the newest one you decide to get. Or I can do a wallet your choice.

JK Knives likes this.
  13. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    Thanks. That’s mighty generous of you.

ty_higg and JK Knives like this.
  14. RussB

RussB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Congratulations rdrogers!

15. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    Just shoot me a message when you decide what you want to do!

protourist likes this.
  16. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    Here’s @rdrogers sheath for his great looking bluegill. He should be getting it today or Monday.
    2B40BDB0-195F-4F66-B995-03EA8D52AC44.jpeg 5E8885E7-42FA-4B65-BDC8-EDBC06241F14.jpeg B683E10C-7375-44DF-9A2F-3CC1DF9D2041.jpeg

protourist, RussB and JK Knives like this.
  17. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Very nice!

ty_higg likes this.
  18. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    I got it today! It is awesome. I hope you saved the pattern, because I’m going to need to commission a couple more for my other Bluegills.

protourist likes this.
  19. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    Happy you like it, and I still got the pattern just let me know and I can get them made no problem!

protourist likes this.