Contest

It's been awhile since I posted here but since it is a contest I may as well get my 2 cents in. My favorite JK has been the Compact Combat/Survival knife that John offered back in 3/2012. I snagged the first one which may be the only one out there. 3/16" thick O1 made a tough knife that is usually found in my truck console and has cut up food, small game, and been used to baton firewood. The blade is stained but still sharp and the green canvas micarta is smooth rich brown, in all, my favorite JK.SAM_0416 (2).JPG SAM_0418.JPG

20190315-140358-2.jpg

While I love my JK Pocket Chef, my favorite is still my Bluegill. It just does everything beautifully. I've cut everything from plastic sheet, zip ties, cloth, cardboard, steak, chicken, pork, and it peels my apples everyday. The O1 sharpens easily, holds a great edge, and has developed a fantastic patina. The Osage has gracefully darkened with age, highlighting the incredible chatoyance. The brass and red mosaic pin pops even more today than when new, and even the blue liners have darkened to a wonderful Royal Blue.

I can't tell you how many times I've come back to look at this Bluegill. It's a beautiful knife.

I like the judges good judgement!! :D Now rdrogers should have a victory lap by making another meal showing the use of the entry knife, or with the eventual one he may get with the discount. And the sheath that tyhiggs throws in will make it a great combination to boot. Congrats to rdrogers.

Congrats rdrogers rdrogers ill make you a sheath for any one of your knives you have currently or for the newest one you decide to get. Or I can do a wallet your choice.

I got it today! It is awesome. I hope you saved the pattern, because I’m going to need to commission a couple more for my other Bluegills.

I got it today! It is awesome. I hope you saved the pattern, because I’m going to need to commission a couple more for my other Bluegills.

Happy you like it, and I still got the pattern just let me know and I can get them made no problem!

Back