Recommendation? Convince me i need a becker in my life

Excuse the random post.
I was tempted to buy an esee junglas but for undisclosed reasons dont fancy giving that company a bean.
Bk9? Or another model?

I'm not big on convincing...
But, if you decide of your own accord that you want a Becker knife, I'll tell you that you've made a good choice.
Deciding which Becker you want depends on a combination of personal preferences and intended use. Since you were considering a Junglas, I'll assume chopper/large utility/ camp... for which the BK9 is a solid choice.
There are plenty of BK&T options though, and exploring them is part of the fun.

I'm not big on convincing...
But, if you decide of your own accord that you want a Becker knife, I'll tell you that you've made a good choice.
Deciding which Becker you want depends on a combination of personal preferences and intended use. Since you were considering a Junglas, I'll assume chopper/large utility/ camp... for which the BK9 is a solid choice.
There are plenty of BK&T options though, and exploring them is part of the fun.
:thumbsup: Yep

The Junglas is a good knife, and I have no issues with ESEE. However, you'll be hard pressed to find a big camp knife as good as the 9. It ain't called The King for nothin'.

Oh yeah, I won my Junglas in a chopping contest using a BK-9. :p

i'd suggest going out and buy a few more similar knives, that cost a lot more, and get to know them.

then buy a couple Beckers and compare.

looking forward to your expensive discount knives for sale :D
No busse or the like for me sir. Just Simple effective steel i can easily maintain

Why? The only convincing that can be done is for the Becker knife you may or may not buy to convince you to keep and use it. No amount of words will ever make a knife more than a knife, it takes a buyer's personal preferences matching up with a blade for it to be more than a bunch of stats and a chunk of money spent.

I've only used one knife more than my current Junglas competitor the BK20, and that was my first Becker the BK9. The BK9 is more accessible than the BK20, so buy one and experience it without anybody else's talk; it's ultimately up to you if you like it.

Other Junglas replacements could include the Ka-Bar Parangatang or Jarosz Choppa, the Condor Boomslang, or the Ontario RTAK II or SP50. Lots of options to consider.

If I could only have one Becker, it would be the king...

PxLxO5b.jpg

That’s easy, for the price of the ESEE get you a BK-9 AND a BK-16!! What couldn’t you do with that dynamic duo???? They don’t call the 9 “The King” for nothing and the 16 took Mr. Becker most of his life to design/refine, that’s some hard core R&D! Seriously, you can’t not have a 9, you will thank us later.

Last edited:
Is that like talking you back from the edge, or out over the edge? I'm confused.

Convince me that you don't need one. If I can be swayed, I will sell all of my Beckers as well.

That being said, I am not about to dig out all of my boxes, since I don't see them going anywhere.

Back