Corona thread. No politics please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back on how much the narrative has shifted, I see it as another a good reminder that large numbers of people can become completely convinced of the truth of something, even when no evidence exists to support it, and will push back strongly on anything that counters the narrative they have bought into. History is filled with examples of this.

New-research-examines-ways-to-breed-and-feed-sheep-with-reduced-environmental-impact-scaled.jpg

I use the search function on this thread and went back and reread every post I made a few years ago here to see how my understandings and opinions have evolved.

Holy smokes our language had gotten salty here.

Unfortunately, it looks like the majority of my input in the thread was just telling people to cool their heels and not be political.

The human condition. Lol...

Well, as time has gone on I have become increasingly horrified at how unreliable and politicized formerly trustworthy sources have become. That includes the CDC and peer reviewed publications.
I won't go further than that to keep from being political, but the politicization, authoritarianism and in some cases outright corruption of "Public Medicine", experts and institutions I used to respect is now an undeniable fact and was a gigantic shock, at least to me.

Bear in mind, this is coming from someone who researched it all from formerly respectable sources, got the recommended 5 jabs ( because I am and care for a highly vulnerable person ) and am now recovering from a nasty case of Covid. Much of the "fringe" stuff that was demonized and censored has proved to be correct.

Nobody has discredited "the science" more than the establishment itself.

And this stuff is almost trivial compared to global warming.

Wut? Viruses evolve constantly because they have a very short life cycle. It's the reason we have to be concerned about things like the avian flu, as evolution is what allows it to potentially jump to humans.
I know quite a bit about viruses because of my career and education. I followed Covid for months before it was covered by US news and medical outlets. I don’t comment much about Covid because of the political and hysterical views. You are welcome to think what you want obviously. If you read what the former CDC director or Dr. Makary from Johns Hopkins say about the origins you might gain some insight.

Edit: yes viruses evolve- I should have clarified that I meant they need manipulation or exposure to evolve so quickly.

I eventually brought covid home to my peeps, and even though we were all caught up on our vaccines it still laid us out big time. I was down for a week. In August!
2 or 3 years ago, the thought of travelling anywhere was the furthest thing from my mind. Now, I've booked my flight to Atlanta, so that's a big change.
Looking back, it's tough to separate covid from other stuff going on. It was unrelated directly to covid, but I was forced to give up my business of 16 1/2 years at a time when I'd finally reached a place of pretty good financial security and growth. The toll of that experience PLUS the pandemic really fucked with my mind and I've had to really focus on making myself whole. Designing and making knives really helped with the healing, and while I'm still a curmudgeon, I do have periods of optimism from time to time.

Covid has been the biggest scam that I’ve seen in my lifetime.
I guess you missed ShamWow. ☺️

I think there were a ton of lies and deception attached to it both needlessly and shamefully...but even the Omicron variant wasn't particularly fun while it lasted. (Especially watching my wife deal with it.)

The worst part for me, without delving into politics and conspiracy theories, is that it only deepened my burgeoning lack of faith in the government and its leadership. That didn't begin with Covid, but it certainly didn't help.

I eventually brought covid home to my peeps, and even though we were all caught up on our vaccines it still laid us out big time. I was down for a week. In August!
2 or 3 years ago, the thought of travelling anywhere was the furthest thing from my mind. Now, I've booked my flight to Atlanta, so that's a big change.
Looking back, it's tough to separate covid from other stuff going on. It was unrelated directly to covid, but I was forced to give up my business of 16 1/2 years at a time when I'd finally reached a place of pretty good financial security and growth. The toll of that experience PLUS the pandemic really fucked with my mind and I've had to really focus on making myself whole. Designing and making knives really helped with the healing, and while I'm still a curmudgeon, I do have periods of optimism from time to time.
Make sure you don't catch Anything in Atlanta 😜

I know quite a bit about viruses because of my career and education. I followed Covid for months before it was covered by US news and medical outlets. I don’t comment much about Covid because of the political and hysterical views. You are welcome to think what you want obviously. If you read what the former CDC director or Dr. Makary from Johns Hopkins say about the origins you might gain some insight.

Edit: yes viruses evolve- I should have clarified that I meant they need manipulation or exposure to evolve so quickly.
The origins aren't really what I'm discussing, but the idea that viruses need some sort out outside influence to evolve extremely quickly is just factually, scientifically wrong. All they need to do that are hosts and transmission. I have no particularly strong opinions about the origin of the virus because I simply don't know enough about that to speculate, but I know that many viruses mutate and evolve extremely rapidly.

Covid has been the biggest scam that I’ve seen in my lifetime.

I'd say the only bigger scam are the vaccines.

People called me all kind of names when i told them the virus came from the Wuhan lab, back in march of 2020. They gave us the blueprint for the official narrative with "Event 201" in Nov. 2019.

Also told them to keep an eye on excess death rates in '20, '21 and compare them to the last ten years.

Now the excess death rates are skyrocketing in those places with the highest vaccination rates.

Young, healthy people are dropping like flies because of bloodclots and Myocarditis.

Now the "trust the science" crowd wants to pretend nothing happened and sweep it all under the rug...

People called me all kind of names when i told them the virus came from the Wuhan lab, back in march of 2020. They gave us the blueprint for the official narrative with "Event 201" in Nov. 2019.

Also told them to keep an eye on excess death rates in '20, '21 and compare them to the last ten years.

Now the excess death rates are skyrocketing in those places with the highest vaccination rates.

Young, healthy people are dropping like flies because of bloodclots and Myocarditis.

Now the "trust the science" crowd wants to pretend nothing happened and sweep it all under the rug...
Some folks just need to be told what to do, how to feel, and what to think. I’ll make my own medical decisions, as should everyone else.

The origins aren't really what I'm discussing, but the idea that viruses need some sort out outside influence to evolve extremely quickly is just factually, scientifically wrong. All they need to do that are hosts and transmission. I have no particularly strong opinions about the origin of the virus because I simply don't know enough about that to speculate, but I know that many viruses mutate and evolve extremely rapidly
Covid came from a lab. That was my point. I am not scientifically wrong. That virus was manipulated.

I'd love to see where you got your data, because everything I've seen suggests the opposite, that countries with higher rates of vaccination are seeing fewer excess deaths.

https://pandem-ic.com/excess-mortality-and-vaccination/

Some folks just need to be told what to do, how to feel, and what to think. I’ll make my own medical decisions, as should everyone else.
Same. As a fully qualified armchair scientist, I say just do whatever you want. There's no way your actions affect anyone else whatsoever.

A recent cardiology study showed 4-28% more myocarditis in people who got mRNA vaccines. The Omicron variant vaccine was ‘tested’ on a tiny number of rats prior to release.

Most of the science relied on was political science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back