Countdown To 44,606

Rusty

--44,606 (Jackpot )

What else? A khukuri. Yangdu's choice. Now I know why she's been saving that old Newari junker!

Just kidding. She said she had a nice one for the jackpot khukuri.

A chance to say "nyah, nyah, nyah, I beat you out of it, Tsimi!" ?

Originally posted by Rusty
--44,606 (Jackpot )

I thought we were counting down (up?) to 77777 - why 44606?

--B.

There are those among us who would flood the thread, just to get to say "nyah, nyah, nyah" at Tsimi, and forget what's in Yangdu's Khukie Jar. Of course, I'm not one of them :rolleyes:

We are counting up to 77,777.

But that includes 33,*** posts that have been archived. The archived posts, plus 44,606 ( which we haven't reached yet ) equals 77,777. Go to the Makers/Mfg. Forums page and scroll down to the HI Forum. It will list the current total for the HI active forum. Add archive and active forums together, and we will have 77,777 when the active forum reads 44,606. Clear as mud?

And if it still isn't perfectly clear, then just trust me, I wouldn't steer you wrong, would I?

( um, two and two is... six? - no, um 7&1/2? - wait a minute, let me take off my socks here )

Originally posted by Rusty
We are counting up to 77,777.

But that includes 33,*** posts that have been archived. The archived posts, plus 44,606 ( which we haven't reached yet ) equals 77,777. Go to the Makers/Mfg. Forums page and scroll down to the HI Forum. It will list the current total for the HI active forum. Add archive and active forums together, and we will have 77,777 when the active forum reads 44,606. Clear as mud?

I understand now - I thought 44606 had some significant which was eluding me ;)

B.

Originally posted by Walosi
There are those among us who would flood the thread, just to get to say "nyah, nyah, nyah" at Tsimi, and forget what's in Yangdu's Khukie Jar. Of course, I'm not one of them :rolleyes:

Odds are that Uncle Bill himself will make the winning post ;), based on postings-per-day.

--B.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
You're the judge, Rusty.

It's be nice to Rusty day!!!!!!!!!

So long as he doesn't let the 'power' go to his head ;)

from Rusty's signature
"Before you give up the ways of your elders, you must first find something of value to take its place."

I heartily approve of this quote - I've made similar (if less poetic) remarks most memorably on Blair's dismantling of the House of Lords, without any concrete plan in mind of what to do with it afterwards...

--B

ATTENTION EVERYBODY

Post 44,502 just passed, 104 to go. Someone please keep their eye out for who makes post 44,606. Easy, just watch when the post is made (in real time) on the makers/mfg page and it'll list who make it. I've just learned I need to take a trip that'll take most of the afternoon. So someone take ovef. Sorry, I don't want to go, myself, and I forgot about this.

DRAT! BUT I'M OUTTA HERE MOMENTARILY. GOOD LUCK.

Just bringing this to the top of the que, so someone pays attention.

34 more to go, and I'm off to join the Jr. Accountants and Tax Time Procrastinators

Back