CPK and Archery

I knew you had thicker skin than that, just poking the bear. I like that you sat on it a few days looking for you opportunity. Well played....cupcake.
Thanks
giphy.gif

trad vs compound is always a good conversation. lol
once the snow melts and the weather gets nicer, I get to start shooting in my backyard again.
Then I can post more pictures of my oh so sweet wheeled device/contraption.

Don't see too many folks shooting both :thumbsup:

True, you don't.

I learned/started on traditionals back when I was a kid. Dad's old 55# Bear recurve, no sights. Shot that bow a LOT when I was in high school, and learned how to shoot naturally. No CPK here, but this is the bow, he gave it to me a couple years ago:

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

Hadn't shot archery at all after I moved away for college, until about 5 years ago when my brother moved back to CO and I had someone to go hunt with. He gave me his ~15 year-old Parker compound to get started again.

IMG_3716.jpg

It all came back to me pretty quickly, even after about 20 years without shooting. About 18 months ago, I picked up a good deal on a lightly used PSE Inertia through a friend of someone here on BF. This bow is a screamer, and a tack driver too! I'm shooting 420 grains at 300 FPS!!! That's 84 FPE!!! :eek: And that's only pulling 60#, vs. 70# too. No need for the increased draw weight given those specs! Yeah, sucks pulling arrows from the target butt at archery league though... Right after I got it:

IMG_3710.jpg

Love this camo pattern (Skullworks 2)! :cool:

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_2182.JPG

After I got the sweet new strings: :D

IMG_3714.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

I still enjoy shooting the recurve, but when it comes to accuracy and making a clean shot/kill, I'll reach for the compound every time. I'm consistently shooting a 270-273/300 in league right now with that PSE, I would be nowhere near that with the recurve.

Same boat, SpyderPhreak, I've shot traditional off and on since the late 70's.
A good friend, whom is also a Bowtech dealer, recently got me into hunting. After seeing how easy it is to poke all the sticks into the breadbasket pretty much 99% of the time up to 60 yards, it's kind of a no-brainer to use compound.
One day I might try to hunt with a Trad bow (I have a bunch), but for now they are my fun bows.
Nice old Grayling Grizzly you got there, by the way.

wow, my pictures suck way worse than I thought

Finally had nice weather line up with my schedule, and got some proper pics for this thread. ;)

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

wow, my pictures suck way worse than I thought

The current 500kB photo upload limit doesn't help at all! :mad: I hate having to downgrade my pictures SO much to get them to upload now. The 1MB limit right after the software switch was so much better. :thumbsdown:

Back