CPK "Knife love" ? Actual use pics. Not for Glamour shots

Brian77

Gold Member
I first wrote about this knife here in BF, when I gave it to Austin back before there was a CPK forum. He took it elk hunting, and was blessed to get a nice bull. (His first elk hunt). That thread is linked in the hunting and fishing report thread...

He has daily carried several Busse, and Swamp Rat, and his beloved Mark folder. Since the folder is with Mark getting some mods, and spa work after a brutal year of work, he has carried this 3v Field knife daily for months now. It's a pre-D3v model.

Here are some vids and pics of his typical day, and usage. He said he has not sharpened it in weeks... sigh. Probably wants me to do it. I looked at the edge. A few little rolls and a small nick, but nothing you could see easily.

S7IBuBEl.jpg

QxWQ9BGl.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if there is a thread like this? If so, mods can merge or dump this...

I first wrote about this knife here in BF, when I gave it to Austin back before there was a CPK forum. He took it elk hunting, and was blessed to get a nice bull. (His first elk hunt). That thread is linked in the hunting and fishing report thread...

He has daily carried several Busse, and Swamp Rat, and his beloved Mark folder. Since that's with Mark getting some mods, and tuning, he has carried this 3v Field knife daily for months now. It's a pre-D3v model.

Here are some vids and pics of his typical day, and usage. He said he has not sharpened it in weeks... sigh. Probably wants me to do it. I looked at the edge. A few little rolls and a small nick, but nothing you could see easily.

S7IBuBEl.jpg

QxWQ9BGl.jpg

That's what I'm talking about Brian! These knives were designed/built to work. You'll never enjoy the wonderful attributes that this steel offers if you never use it. What kind of edge damage after cutting the steel banding? I've cut steel banding with a knife before, but the knife didn't fare too well!

That's what I'm talking about Brian! These knives were designed/built to work. You'll never enjoy the wonderful attributes that this steel offers if you never use it. What kind of edge damage after cutting the steel banding? I've cut steel banding with a knife before, but the knife didn't fare too well!
I cut metal banding with my EDC2 pretty frequently. Edge damage is negligible. I’ve never chipped the edge doing it but I have caused the edge to roll a bit. The roll is also negligible. I can’t see the roll but I can feel it with my fingernail. It usually only takes a few strokes on a little diamond plate I keep in the truck to remove it.

As long as this isn't another glamo(u)r shots thread I look forward to it. :thumbsup:

:D

Love manifests itself in many different ways, so what happened to the hippie motto of "love is love"? :p

But alright, as one of the sub's egregious glamour photographers, your wish is my command :D

Seriously though, awesome thread Brian :thumbsup: I dunno if you / Austin kept any of your Shivs or UF, but those are awesome wall-devouring engineered pieces. This thread just reminded me how over-bought I have become on various choppers and that I can't wait for the likes of the Folder, the DEK(1?) and the Integral Shiv. I know that at my age I shouldn't be looking forward to another newer year, but the hell with it and let's just bring on 2020 faster!

Love manifests itself in many different ways, so what happened to the hippie motto of "love is love"? :p

But alright, as one of the sub's egregious glamour photographers, your wish is my command :D

Seriously though, awesome thread Brian :thumbsup: I dunno if you / Austin kept any of your Shivs or UF, but those are awesome wall-devouring engineered pieces.

He has a UF. I sold the Shivs. The FK gets some looks on his belt, but the Shiv at work? The SWAT team might get called... But it would make a great chisel.

Back