CPK Pet Thread

She was hoping for bacon. Yes, she got some bacon.

laQtWBV.jpg
How could you say no to that face.

4EvMp2z.jpeg

My dog Dunham was very happy to see us return from our trip. I wish she could travel with us, but the only thing she hates more than her people traveling is traveling herself (I have never met a dog who dislikes car rides more, and she finds hotels absolutely intolerable).

It's funny, I thought of her as "the New Dog" for so long, but somehow she has become an old lady herself. She has been my dog longer than any other, and she has been a faithful and loyal part of our family longer than my kids have been alive (my oldest daughter is 10 now). We aren't entirely sure how old she is, but we are guessing about 12. Despite the ever-increasing frost on her face, and some benign old lady tumors, she is still going strong. I hope she continues for a long time to come.

This guy. 12 year old puppy right here. If his body would allow it, he would be much the same as he was when he was 2. We put him on some anti-inflammatory joint meds and it's amazing the difference it has made. That, coupled with a haircut every couple of months, has really improved his quality of life. I hope it keeps him with us for at least a little while longer.

4wH8gVq.jpg

Back