CPKhuk

That thing look bad ass and I would definitely buy it. However I tend to feel let down when using any Khukri as they have the head weight to get your confidence up, but because of the inside curve, you can't get that katana style slicing motion going.... but I might just have bad technique!
Yeah, kukris are more choppers, than slicers. You use that forward heavy balance to get a good bite on each chop. You don't really use them with a slicing motion (which you generally don't use in chopping anything thicker anyway).

Yeah, kukris are more choppers, than slicers. You use that forward heavy balance to get a good bite on each chop. You don't really use them with a slicing motion (which you generally don't use in chopping anything thicker anyway).
Have you tried the Esee Darien machete? It's Kukri like, but the elbow starts at the handle so the blade can still be used to slice, I highly recommend it for 90 bucks they charge, Its pretty incredible how well it works for it's 15oz weight.

its very subtle 😁

View attachment 2011510
But your right, the Darien, (left) does not qualify as a Khuk, but if you havn't used one, I highly recommend testing it out... they got something very right about it.
If anything, it had some Golok DNA.

Even the one on the right is nothing like a kukri. It's not just the recurve on the edge, a defining characteristic with kukris is the bend on the spine.

Back