CQC 7A

BellaBlades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Been away from Emerson for about 4 years now. Im digging the look of the CQC 7A . No wave and simple design for considerably less than $200.

I am curious about the size. Does anybody have a PM2 to compare it to for me?

Also, what is your opinion on this model as an all around EDC.

Excellent choice! One of my very favorite folders, for the very reasons you list. Mine is special to me - a domed pivot, single detent, all titanium liner from back in 2000. Absolute dream in the hand and pocket. Sorry, no PM2 to compare to, but here's some pics.

vY4hxS0h.jpg

a9BvY4Xh.jpg

vGPgptkh.jpg

zIzTrqLh.jpg

Excellent choice! One of my very favorite folders, for the very reasons you list. Mine is special to me - a domed pivot, single detent, all titanium liner from back in 2000. Absolute dream in the hand and pocket. Sorry, no PM2 to compare to, but here's some pics.

vY4hxS0h.jpg

a9BvY4Xh.jpg

vGPgptkh.jpg

zIzTrqLh.jpg

Thanks buddy. That thing looks great. It looks like the Emerson for me. Easy enough to customize as well.

I own a 7A, which is the same length; here's a shot that includes that knife and a PM2, in case it's helpful. :)

rXHYgG4.jpg

Hey bro thank you for the photo that's a great comparison shot. Now that I see it next to the p.m. to and grip which are two of my favorite edc's it is clearly the right size. I officially have the itch.

My brain knows it's a B . . . my fingers apparently do not. :oops:

I know what you meant. But I let it slide ;)

Guess what. My boys at DLT just hooked me up with a Satin Finish/ SW CQC A.

Can't wait .

Guess what. My boys at DLT just hooked me up with a Satin Finish/ SW CQC A.

Share some pics when it arrives! :)

The CQC-7 is one of my all-time favorite knives. Great neutral handle, super dependable, and looks awesome to boot. :thumbsup:

Share some pics when it arrives! :)

The CQC-7 is one of my all-time favorite knives. Great neutral handle, super dependable, and looks awesome to boot. :thumbsup:

You know it. I can't wait. It's a gift to myself to celebrate buying a new home as well as being a new tool for working on the exterior and landscaping ;)

This knife attracts me just like the Sebenza, PM2 , XM etc. Simple and effective!

Amazing grind and no doubt the sharpest knife I've ever recieved from factory in my life.

Emerson has come a long way since I last tried one. Perfect all around. Might just replace PM2.

Nice early lock up. Yes with some stick. But that's good by me.

The grip is versatile and comfortable.

20190913_145545.jpg 20190913_191200.jpg

Last edited:
You'll like it even better when the points diminish on the G10.

Nice shots! Makes me want to try a 7A even more. :)

Oh yeah this is some serious g10. Looking forward to it getting some pocket wear. Dadpool you may as well grab one lol. DLT still has some in stock.

Otherwise Emerson told me around X mas if you go through them, maybe sooner at some dealers.

As much as I love the iconic looks of the 7B, the 7A is just a better knife. My beautiful 2005 vintage 7B mostly sits these days.

Oh yeah this is some serious g10. Looking forward to it getting some pocket wear.

I spend about 30 minutes "buffing" the scales of my new Emersons on an old pair of jeans, with the knife still assembled (clip off), as soon as I get them. I just watch TV while I'm doing it, and when I'm done I blow the knife out with canned air.

This basically gives it several weeks or months of pocket wear all at once, and makes the knife pocketable without shredding my pants. Slightly less grippy, but not functionally less so for me. And it avoids generating G10 dust, like you would with actual sandpaper.

I didn't come up with this trick, but I don't remember where I read about it.

I spend about 30 minutes "buffing" the scales of my new Emersons on an old pair of jeans, with the knife still assembled (clip off), as soon as I get them. I just watch TV while I'm doing it, and when I'm done I blow the knife out with canned air.

This basically gives it several weeks or months of pocket wear all at once, and makes the knife pocketable without shredding my pants. Slightly less grippy, but not functionally less so for me. And it avoids generating G10 dust, like you would with actual sandpaper.

Thats a great idea. I broke it down last night and set it up with some rem oil and blue loc tite just how I like it so Id rather not take it apart anyway.

The only other thing I might do is an MXG short clip and a larger thumb disk.

I tried 500 grit sandpaper for a new type of scales - the result is very good.

PS But greatest result are new scales from not aggressive G10...
DSC_a1713.jpg

I have a CQC7AW and it is a great knife
I don’t need the wave so I think the A is just a great choice
I took the AW just for having a wave in my collection :)

By the way if you like the non wave Emerson you can give a look to the ZT0640
I had a 0630 some time ago but I sold it to get the 0640 and I am happy with this choice

Back