Crazy Competition At The Busse Shop. . . And You Can Win A Free Knife!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAke a tiny battle mistress in exact shape but smaller dimensions.

4 to 6 inch blade.

Zeke

I'd like to see something along the lines of a BOSC ID, only with longer lines. Maybe a couple inches longer with a broader blade.

(BOSC ID = Busse Old School Custom Integral Dagger, for those who may have missed it.)

How about an option where we can pay extra, to add blade length, at the time of pre order?:)

BUSSE COMBAT:

Grip/Tang – Like the HG-55 except with a Triangular Skull Crusher Pommel, maybe slightly longer.

Blade Shape – Combination of Scrap Yard Regulator and Blackjack Halo Attack with Swedge like the Halo Attack. Sharpen at least the first inch of the Swedge. Put integral blade catches like the MOJO on TOP AND BOTTOM against the front of the grip. Extend the Blade Catches (Guards) (height and depth, not thickness) to be like those on a traditional Bowie (similar to Blackjack Halo Attack). Add Talon Holes.

Deep CONVEX EDGE(s).

Blade Length: Make it in 5.5”, 7.5” and 9.5” lengths.

Blade Thickness: .1875” to .235” to keep weight below 14oz. Lighter is better IMO.

Other ideas: Let Eric, David, Jeff (other sheathmakers???) each obtain a copy before putting the knives on the order page so they can have a head start on the Kydex.

For me, an Americanized TANTO!!!
>.220" thick, X 9" blade length, with a hilt at approx 6-6.5" and not tappered like a regular tanto but more rectangular like a AK or WAKI hilt. Something to accentuate a Eastern blade but with the Western flare. This would be a great complement to the AK or WAKI IMHO.
Thanks Jerry this was fun to think about.

Guess I'm more of a tradional type with a convex edge looking at Samurai and Tanto blades. Chisel is good, on a draw knife!!!

I'd like to see a simple, traditional belt knife. 4" blade, thin stock, thin sharp polished edge, simple barrel shaped handle, no choil. Something simple and affordable and light. No wasted length on choils or unusual butts.

I'd love the performance of infi in a more traditional and practical design.

A EDC skeleton handle knife with 4" saber grind blade, with the skeleton handle rounded on outside for more comfortable grip and finger groves. The blade shape is similar to the blade of the meaner street and made of INFI.

A small bushcraft knife, with 4" blade, 1/8" thick, scandi grind, exact shape and size as Swedish Mora with micarta handle.

Last edited:
5th design.

Been covered by a few already but I would really like to see Busse do a 'proper' Commando dagger, Fairbairn Sykes in style. I liked the daggers that came out this year but they were too short and a little too civilized for me.

Take Jerry's Commando Dagger he did a while back as the starting point. Then apply the Magnum treatment. A bit more beef (width and thickness) to the blade, the length was perfection on that one. While I don't need a pointy butt I would like maybe a screw driver or prying/chisel butt to allow for good penetration of whatever without the blade stabbing me while sheathed. Lastly a crossguard would be required. Something like the Mr MoFo but a little more subtle and on both sides.

For inspiration take the Nuk AA and mix it with Jerry's Commando Dagger and you won't be far wrong.

Hmmmm...

We are so gonna rock your worlds....

Yup Amy-0 is saying TOO much...darn Rum..............

The teams...are well ROCKIN it...and "Bringing It" .....

and I better Shut up:D

Can't wait!!! Please post pics when you can!!! Oh, and none of this "two weeks" deal alright :p...:D.

One more idea, Back in the 1800's gentleman gamblers carried a boot knife or a vest knife. Most around 7-7.5" blade with a coffin hilt. Man now this would be a beautiful trip down a classic lane.

How about a "one piece," all INFI, Battle Mistress with a machined INFI handle? CG and LE:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back