CREATIVE USES FOR YOUR KNIFE....GO!

Wish I thought of this in a few situations..Awesome blade as well. Lets see some more creative uses of a blade

I carved a tree. No, really.
8iy9.jpg

Don't have a picture, but about 45 years ago I used to use my pocket knife to scrape carbon buildup off my car spark plugs. Then I'd adjust the gap and reinstall them. I was making the $2.00/hr minimum wage, and every little bit helped.

Let’s see...

I’ve used a 3V Master Tanto to plane a door to adjust for shifts in the foundation. That same knife was used to hack up a fallen tree in my backyard into portable chunks. It sits less than 10ft away from me awaiting its next ridiculous task.

A well-maintained Spyderco Tenacious was key in my impromptu removal of a clump of fungus-infected matted fur on a pet store customer’s pet rabbit. I had to shave it down to the skin, which was tricky given the subject was 100% totally unaware of my intentions and was not keen on being still. I only cut it a tiny bit once, which is kinda remarkable given the circumstances.

I have a Spyderco Roadie that I sharpened in an ugly but effective way that I use to trim my cuticles. It’s an atrocious-looking knife compared to what it used to be, but it’s stupid sharp with a 30-degree-inclusive scandi grind.

I’ve used a Cold Steel Voyager as a reach tool to snag and move a cardboard box that was out of reach. That’s really most of what I used it for aside from a piss-poor water-bottle-cutting attempt.

A disposable razor blade was how I made a sort of impotent and entirely ignorable swipe at a predatory car dealership by carefully removing their stuck-on decal. Eat my ass, Nelson Nissan Mazda, and shove your extended warranty scheme all the way up yours. Also stop calling me about it. It’s been years.

I shaved my face for a family picture with a GEC pocket knife, while on vacation. Mother in law had scheduled family portraits.

No shaving cream, with a pocket knife, with no stone or strop to touch up the edge beforehand.

Used a knife to kill a fly. When a fly sits on something you can touch it with a blade. It doesn't perceive it as a threat/can't see it coming. You do this slowly. It's something I noticed, I don't do it often, but perhaps you can use this method to catch them for fishing or something.

I once stuck a SAK up one nostril for a few minutes during a skype conversation with my father so that his wife who was watching would be weirded out. I admit there are probably going to be better answers than this one. :)
I always wondered what folks were doing to get snot and/or crap into their knives that had to be beat out. Now I know at least part of it! Thanks. :eek:

Oh I just thought of something I use my knife for. I prop up a camera on it to get pictures of the night sky.

...it works as a paper-weight in a light breeze outside...also as a "length-semi-standard" when I set it next to something that I wish to photograph, such as a minuscule flower bloom.

Back