1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

CREATIVE USES FOR YOUR KNIFE....GO!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by extrastout, Jul 21, 2019.

1. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Wish I thought of this in a few situations..Awesome blade as well. Lets see some more creative uses of a blade

2. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I carved a tree. No, really.
    [​IMG]

FullMetalJackass and extrastout like this.
  3. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    unbelievable:thumbsup:....no machete pic? or was this a... lets see what this paramilitary can really do...kind of job

4. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Don't have a picture, but about 45 years ago I used to use my pocket knife to scrape carbon buildup off my car spark plugs. Then I'd adjust the gap and reinstall them. I was making the $2.00/hr minimum wage, and every little bit helped.

5. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Bugout with one broken spring.

FullMetalJackass and extrastout like this.
  6. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    I once stuck a SAK up one nostril for a few minutes during a skype conversation with my father so that his wife who was watching would be weirded out. I admit there are probably going to be better answers than this one. :)

7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Used a mirror polished blade as an impromptu mirror once when I needed to clip a few stray stache hairs that were bothering me.
    Beyond that all I really ever do is cut stuff.

8. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I use it to hold down my expensive handkerchiefs for Instagram photos.

9. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Let’s see...

I’ve used a 3V Master Tanto to plane a door to adjust for shifts in the foundation. That same knife was used to hack up a fallen tree in my backyard into portable chunks. It sits less than 10ft away from me awaiting its next ridiculous task.

A well-maintained Spyderco Tenacious was key in my impromptu removal of a clump of fungus-infected matted fur on a pet store customer’s pet rabbit. I had to shave it down to the skin, which was tricky given the subject was 100% totally unaware of my intentions and was not keen on being still. I only cut it a tiny bit once, which is kinda remarkable given the circumstances.

I have a Spyderco Roadie that I sharpened in an ugly but effective way that I use to trim my cuticles. It’s an atrocious-looking knife compared to what it used to be, but it’s stupid sharp with a 30-degree-inclusive scandi grind.

I’ve used a Cold Steel Voyager as a reach tool to snag and move a cardboard box that was out of reach. That’s really most of what I used it for aside from a piss-poor water-bottle-cutting attempt.

A disposable razor blade was how I made a sort of impotent and entirely ignorable swipe at a predatory car dealership by carefully removing their stuck-on decal. Eat my ass, Nelson Nissan Mazda, and shove your extended warranty scheme all the way up yours. Also stop calling me about it. It’s been years.

extrastout and DocJD like this.
  10. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I shaved my face for a family picture with a GEC pocket knife, while on vacation. Mother in law had scheduled family portraits.

No shaving cream, with a pocket knife, with no stone or strop to touch up the edge beforehand.

extrastout likes this.
  11. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    No, there aren’t.

CanadaKnifeGuy and Pomsbz like this.
  12. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    Clip point blades make really effective tooth picks.

extrastout likes this.
  13. Sergeua

Sergeua Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Used a knife to kill a fly. When a fly sits on something you can touch it with a blade. It doesn't perceive it as a threat/can't see it coming. You do this slowly. It's something I noticed, I don't do it often, but perhaps you can use this method to catch them for fishing or something.

extrastout likes this.
  14. GronK

GronK Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 1, 2001
    I always wondered what folks were doing to get snot and/or crap into their knives that had to be beat out. Now I know at least part of it! Thanks. :eek:

15. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    This. Only acceptable way for a man to carry a mirror in his pocket.

16. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Well I'm glad you explained the rules about mirror carrying, I guess I'll have to get rid of my compact now :(

17. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    You dont have to get rid of it, but i wont accept it!:D
    Just was joking, didn't mean it to be taken too seriously.

18. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    Cigar cutter. Letter opener. Yea, im not too creative.

extrastout likes this.
  19. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Oh I just thought of something I use my knife for. I prop up a camera on it to get pictures of the night sky.

extrastout likes this.
  20. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    ...it works as a paper-weight in a light breeze outside...also as a "length-semi-standard" when I set it next to something that I wish to photograph, such as a minuscule flower bloom.

extrastout likes this.