CRK Day-Name Match-Up Thread

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
Hi All. I was impressed by Officer's Match Officer's Match 's pics of his PJ Inkosi over at the EDC thread yesterday and went to the knife drawers to get my two PJ's out as it had been a while since I carried 'em. For someone that had wondered a long time back, before stepping up my knife game (read, addiction), if any knife was really worth 300 bucks, I now find myself the well-satisfied owner of 10 CRKs plus many others in their price range and well higher in my stupidly overlarge accumulation. Go figure....

Anyway, as I wrote last night, that impetus just might start me on a run of CRK carry through those I have as I can change out every morning for at least those 10 days. I was just gonna do that over at the EDC thread and maybe post on the daily carry or picture thread here, but figured maybe I'd start one of my own. I also figured I've got enough variety in model names and materials to maintain day-name matching consonance (say, Mnandi Monday or Wooden Wednesday) for at least my 10 or even longer, mixing names and descriptors. Lots of y'all have many more CRKs than me and might wanna join in with your own daily match-ups--the same or different than others'.

I'll be posting over at the EDC thread, will try to have different pics here and there, will have a different knife or feature matched up with that day's name as I go, and will link back and forth to encourage traffic as best I can. Hopefully we'll get a few more of y'all joining in, picking any match-up theme for a particular day that tickles your fancy.

Here's my first--the Umnumzaan StarTac for Wilson Combat Wednesday.

1663792024713.jpeg

1663792065136.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm in for Wooden Wednesday!
i-bNsxS4m-X2.jpg

i-MGDLHDj-X2.jpg

i-9PbtfSn-X2.jpg

Nice lighter and cool treatment on the knife, hhmoore hhmoore . Did you Scotchbrite that one? Good call on consonance too, though you left at least one F on the table. 😏

For my part, I went adjectively more pedestrian for a Carbon Fiber Friday carry. This one was in my pocket most every day back when as a favorite work knife and still is, though most of what I'll be doing today is paperwork.

1663949946845.jpeg

Did you Scotchbrite that one?
I was breaking it down to clean the old grease out of it (this one has always gummed up badly after a little shelf time...far worse than either of my larges), and saw a piece of glass with 800 grit sandpaper on it. It seemed like a sign

I was breaking it down to clean the old grease out of it (this one has always gummed up badly after a little shelf time...far worse than either of my larges), and saw a piece of glass with 800 grit sandpaper on it. It seemed like a sign
I bought a Scotchbrited user 'Zaan some years back for my son to carry as a work knife. I thought that one definitely looked cool, but the seller had done the flutes as well as the flats. I really like the contrast on yours with only the flats done. It's disappointing that the Wilson Combat and KnifeArt Exclusives are no longer in production. :(

We've done quite a bit of that in the facebook group. Here's a few that I remember;

Sweet Sebenza Saturday or Sunday
Mnandi Monday
Mammoth Monday
Micarta Monday
2-for-Tuesday
Tanto Tuesday
Wilson Wednesday
Wood Wednesday
Wooly Mammoth Wednesday
3-for-Thursday
Throwback Thursday
Fancy blade Friday (damascus)