Crk flipper

Krav

Gold Member
I don't know if this was brought up before, but a Chris reeves flipper would be the ultimate knife for me.
Crk are awesome, and I really like flippers. I love how crk,s are thin and great edc,s fit in the pocket beautifully, but also pack a lot of blade. And the quality is tip top. Like a sebenza 25 flipper, wow I would pay $1,000 for it, what about you guys, any interest in a CRK flipper?
Thanks

I'd love a CRK flipper. Something at about the overall size of the Ti-lock, blade profile of a 25, combined with a flipper and CRK quality would be great.

A flipper would be sweet, I would buy one. But i know for a fact that will never happen. Pretty much the same reason they will never produce an Auto.

You're welcome...

eff77902.jpg

It would surely be interesting to see how CRK would design it.
but... CRK has never advocated the flicking open of a knife, and flippers are "fun" knives that get flipped compulsively. Flippers are not something I believe CRK has any interest in, in my opinion.
What next, an assisted open CRK? ;)

There are already tons of great flippers out there.

I would also pay $1000.00 easily for one.(Make that 3) But since I know that will sadly never happen, thank Russia for Shirogorov.

Other side of the coin here, but no thanks, I like CRK the way it is.

There are a lot of makers out there making flippers with Ti handles, they seem more abundant then any other knife made currently IMO.

There are a lot of makers out there making flippers with Ti handles, they seem more abundant then any other knife made currently IMO.

Yea i like that chris doesn't seem to follow trends, he makes his folders his way.

And there are....Flippers everywhere :eek:

Flipper is my favorite deployment just because it's quick and useful. Trying to wear gloves and open a Zaan is not fun. If CRK does make a flipper then I would definitely be interested, but I wouldn't pay $1000 for it.

Not Happening. I asked Chris personally during a phone conversation. No Flippers, No SlipJoints. He wants to focus on perfecting what he has already started and innovate new things, not do what has already been done. I agree. That is the reason I have bought 89 CRK and only a handfull of other companies knives.

:thumbup:

There is obviously nothing wrong with what CR has going on. I'm not suggesting that anything needs to change or that a flipper would be a better version. I will unwaveringly say this, it makes infinite more sense than the Tri-lock and would sell better. And that's not a knock on the Tri-lock, I think it's cool too. But nobody in their right mind would argue that the knife I've drawn would not only sell more, but be more functional than the TL.

Just take an Insingo blade, add the flipper and move back the thumb studs to be used as the blade stop. Then sell it with micarta inlays for $650 and mail me some commission.

There is obviously nothing wrong with what CR has going on. I'm not suggesting that anything needs to change or that a flipper would be a better version. I will unwaveringly say this, it makes infinite more sense than the Tri-lock and would sell better. And that's not a knock on the Tri-lock, I think it's cool too. But nobody in their right mind would argue that the knife I've drawn would not only sell more, but be more functional than the TL.

Just take an Insingo blade, add the flipper and move back the thumb studs to be used as the blade stop. Then sell it with micarta inlays for $650 and mail me some commission.

I completely agree there. The Ti-lock is an interesting knife, sure, but it's definitely not made to be a top seller. Even if a CRK flipper was sold at the same price point of the Ti-lock (which is priced much too high in my opinion), it would STILL outsell the Ti-lock.

I vote no on flipper. On the Ti-Lock, I had a chance to play with one at Matt D. Tactical's store. It kinda looks cool, but I kept thinking dirt or lint could easily get into the parts. Just did not do it for me. But I respect CR for the unique design.

No flipper, leave that to other companies. I like CRK the way they are! Plus I don't see it ever happening anyways

Here's the bottom-line. If this knife got produced by Chris Reeve, it would be the most useful modification they've added yet. And as tight as their tolerances are, "all the other guys" would compare their flippers to Chris'.

The only thing is, a CRK flipper would call for a radical change in what CRK's are known for, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Sebenza has never been a knife for quick deployment, and is characterized by its "hydraulic" smoothness. While so many of us love this, it doesn't make for a good flipper. CRK would have to integrate some sort of bearing pivot to allow for a smooth flip without the need for a wrist flick.

It might be interesting to see another concept knife from CRK, possibly another collaboration with the Hawks. Come up with a new, interesting lock mechanism, and pair it with a flipper.

Here's the bottom-line. If this knife got produced by Chris Reeve, it would be the most useful modification they've added yet. And as tight as their tolerances are, "all the other guys" would compare their flippers to Chris'.

See, thats the thing, there are makers out there that IMO everyone is trying to compete against with regards to flippers. Some of the greats are Tom Mayo, Pat and West Crawford, Kit Carson, Ken Onion, Andre Thorburn, Andre van Heerden....

The list goes on and on, there are many great knife makers that have pushed the flipper design to the next level with IKBS etc.

I will have to disagree, but people would not be comparing their flipper to CRK, there are others one would be comparing against.

Back