1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Crk flipper

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Krav, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Jensen81

Jensen81

Oct 3, 2012
    I doubt we will see a flipper on a crk. That being said I would be first in line to purchase one if they did make one. I love the pencil drawing of the flipper insignio! Great job!

2. 1SHOT1KILL

1SHOT1KILL

Mar 28, 2009
    If CRK made a flipper Rick would see a big decline in sales and secondary market value of his products...just saying...I love the idea...but my motto is..."if it ain't broken, don't fix it!" :p

3. Ken44

Ken44

Jun 29, 2005
    No from me too, but then again I don't care for flippers at all.

4. sechip

sechip Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I'd snatch one up in a minute... love flippers!

5. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    I know Chris knows what he's doing, his knives are superb in every way. You guys might be right that it could decrease value, I don't know, I was more along the lines of increasing sales, and value stay the same or go up. Appealing to a bigger crowd so to speak. I wonder if there is someone who could do a custom job on a crk, add a flipper, just to see how it would come out? Or do you guys think that would involve to much, or not possible. I know this would void all warranties, and I am not trying to change crk style, I just think it would be cool to have if possible.

6. pvicenzi

pvicenzi

Dec 25, 2008
    Why ruin a perfectly good knife with a flipper?

7. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    Jb weld? :D

In all seriousness though, one person (at least) has had a blade made for the Sebenza frame. In his case the blade was (visually) identical to a standard blade, only he had his made from one of the new "super steels". I think it would be just as easy for whoever ground the blade to incorporate a flipper tab.

Coupling the ceramic detent with captured bearings and a flipper and you'd have a strong showing imo. It really seems like the new detent has flipper written all over it. So strong, yet low resistance. Couldn't ask for a better combo.

8. Nullity

Nullity

Jul 28, 2002
    For any reasonable flipper to be added, the stop pin would need to be removed on the Sebenza.
    Look at the Sebenza flipper sketch, the blade cannot close because of the stop-pin.

The Umnumzaan would be a better choice for this mod... IF you are crazy enough to do it. ;)

9. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I'd love a CRK flipper but at least a 3" blade version as well. I have two CRK folders: Small Sebenza 21 Insingo and Mnandi Bocote Wood.

10. Sharpski

Sharpski Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I am not a huge fan of flippers, especially on a sebenza. Simple is underrated! well maybe not...

11. XJ-linux

XJ-linux Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    No to the CRK flipper, for me at least. I'd put the "go live date" on a CRK flipper well past the Insingo with wood inlays or damascus (or both!!!).

12. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Thanks for everybody's input. I don't know if I would ever do this, but if I did I would give a call to CRK first to get there input on it. I love CRK knives just the way they are, they are perfect. I didn't count up the yeh or nahs, but it seems like it's more nahs. It was a thought and it was cool to read your input. It's not broken so no need to fix anything.

13. Slice-N-Dice

Slice-N-Dice

Nov 2, 2012
    A carbon fiber Sebenza or umnum with a flipper design and riding on caged bearings..... uhhh yes please!! count me in if he ever makes a flipper.

14. ridnovir

ridnovir Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2012
    CRK should make a flipper based on Zaan it will be a commercial success

15. nuckingfuts

nuckingfuts

Dec 20, 2011
    I wouldnt want CRK to make a flipper personally.