CRK "Scout" fixed blade

Chris Reeve Knives "Scout" - well, at least that's how I named it ;)

Basically it's a Ubejane skinner, which I modified to my liking. I cut off the "horn", re-profiled the tip a bit and also I ground the spine in the MT SOCOM style (just for aesthetics). Than I sent it to David Abramson (aka Lifter) for some fine leather. That was not so easy for him, as I asked him to implement the style of Shadow III pancake-style in this sheath. I like a sheath to keep my knife tight & close to my hip. And this one is perfect in that respect. Thanks David for great sheath man! Next step was re-coating of the knife. Chris Reeve is unfortunately not in favor to re-condition modified knives. However, as you can see, I managed to arrange bead blasting and also real kalgard coating somehow with help of my friends in US. Turned out cool! Sharpenning, edge polishing… and my knife was ready for action! My own, one of a kind CRK “Scout”. My buddy Wysz told it looked like “fixed Sebenza”. Well, it does, don’t you think? Anyway, after several weeks my dream come true and I have one-piece CRK blade just as I wanted it to be! The cost of sending twice to US, blasting, coating, sheathing etc. was not much less than the base knife itself, but anyway, it was money well spent. What do you think about this one?

- knife profile:
crkscout13er.jpg

- modular AURIGA sheath with storage module detached:
crkscout25gr.jpg

- Lifetr's Leather a'la Shadow III:
crkscout37fl.jpg

- all carry systems, including original one (a bit loose now):
crkscout42fd.jpg

- blade spine profile:
crkscout57oi.jpg

- perfect shape?
crkscout61xz.jpg

:)

That's a serious good and functional looking knife Piter........,GREAT!!!

That pancake sheath also looks top notch!!!

Raoul...

Piter, very nice. Congratulations on having the "vision" and making your vision reality.

I would never have the balls to hack up a CRK, but seeing this makes me whish they had one in production that I could buy!

Gorgeous! That one would look good in my collection. If you ever get tired of it, give me a yell. ;)

That "Scout" should be the next "One-Piece" model that CRK produces!
Awesome and thank you for sharing, Piter!

Cheers,
Mike

That's fantastic!!!

I always modify my tools to suit me and my Sebenza is no exception.
I'm really pleased you followed your vision through. It looks great!!!!!!

enjoy *your* knife!

ljg

It is perfect Piter. Just perfect. Congratulations on you planning and perseverence, and great design skills.

That is too cool Piter. That looks like a super functional field blade, excellent work all around!

Thanks a lot guys! Well, of course I enjoyed a lot working on this project. That's taken some time but it was really worth the effort. This blade is an awesome slicer, offers good penetration and still strong tip. Full-size hande also helps. :cool:

That is PERFECT !

As the other Gentlemen said - That "Scout" should be the next "One-Piece" model that CRK produces! :)

WOW I really like that, hopefully someone from CRK will see that and this post and decide to come out with one like it, that would make a heck of a hunting knife.

Back