Photos CRK Umnumzaan Thumb

The Umnumzaan comes with paperwork that shows you how to open it the correct way...

MxdrvhK.jpg

Yep, I've opened that way several times and tried to flick it an equal amount. Now that's it's broken in a bit more both are pretty easy. Those first few days are what gave me the well deserved self inflicted damage to the thumb.

I'd say cuts, nicks and scrapes are a part of the hobby.

Ha yeah I'd say I'm ok with that as a trade off. Slide bite and casing burns never kept me away from guns either.

The two times I’ve acquired a new Umnumzaan my thumb has become quite sore.

This is my (unoriginal) break in routine.

1. Follow the instructions BB posted above.
2. Remove the pocket clip (it adds a bit of tension to the lockbar)
3. A fresh light coat of grease, including the detent ball tract.
4. Adjust the pivot.
5. When your thumb hurts, carry another knife for a few days.

In less than two weeks your Umnumzaan will be transformed from a thenar torture device into the Boss it’s destined to become.

Then of course you can put the clip back on and add a wisp of purple LokTite to the pivot.

Last edited:
The two times I’ve acquired a new Umnumzaan my thumb has become quite sore.

This is my (unoriginal) break in routine.

1. Follow the instructions BB posted above.
2. Remove the pocket clip (it adds a bit of tension to the lockbar)
3. A fresh light coat of grease, including the detent ball tract.
4. Adjust the pivot.
5. When your thumb hurts, carry another knife for a few days.

In less than two weeks your Umnumzaan will be transformed from a thenar torture device into the Boss it’s destined to become.

Then of course you can put the clip back on and add a wisp of purple LokTite to the pivot.

Very nice, the tanto version is impressive. Thanks for the input, I wasn't sure if the ceramic ball was supposed to be left dry or it was ok to lube it a bit. Also hadn't considered removing the clip..I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back