crks warranty department leaves a bit to be desired

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has taken a nasty turn. Let's try and keep things civil, we are all here for the same reason. :)

Typing on a droid at work but thanks for the correction. Anyways, where did I say I demand a free blade I said they could meet me in the middle and charge me half not make more money on me for 130 dollars for a new blade. Never did I demand a free blade but keep telling yourself that .furthermore ,let's see a close up of the area in question where you can see I havnt hit the edge cause the bevel was so wide not a far away shot that does nothing for th conversation

Last edited:
The Only Pics That Matter Are The Ones CRK Posted Because That Is What They Received From You.

Like The One Post States.......Learn To Spell !!! " inslutls ".....lol

Written like a tru afn byo crusader nyefmaker. Laughing at other's troubles / expense is really poor form. :rolleyes:

Think I don't use expensive knives research some of my previous posts in other threads but then again u know it all

Mere ownership doesn't impart knowledge or skill.

.i guess my fifty other knives that worked out perfectly everytime i sharpen wich at this point might be in the thousands I just lucked out with? I want to send you the knife blade before I sell it so you can see what im talking about. I work at a plant nursery I can dull knives pretty fast when cuttiing up burlap and twine is in order. I know how to use a sharpmake trust me

You sharpened fifty knives thousands of times which you dull cutting burlap and twine in the dirt, and you can't correct the edge bevel in this particular case? What would happen should you ever chip an edge?:rolleyes:

The Only Pics That Matter Are The Ones CRK Posted Because That Is What They Received From You.

In this case, I'm with you.

Ive taken chips out of my cosuins umnum, took a chip out his delica to screen name is krust . Ask him bout the sharpening jobs I did for him and how perfect they came out.I've also chipped up tha para there is a picture off in this thread after I went to cut twine from a truck and there was a thin metal wire behind it . That came out pretty nice didn't it wisenheimer.btw who drags there knife in dirt?if you are intrested in what i do at my job head on over to hinderer forums and check out the thread of xm s in use that will give you a good idea.also on ESEE forums there is a review on the cpm154 blur wich has some work related activities. ;)

Last edited:
And yes those far away pics are the ones that matter let's get a close up on the area in question.

We have never claimed to be perfect. We are human and we do make mistakes. We only ask the opportunity to correct those mistakes.

Diagnosis at a distance is very difficult. In other words, when a customer calls and explains a problem, we give our best answer but most of the time it is impossible to give an exact answer without seeing the problem. (Post #68). It is far better to under promise and over deliver than the other way round.

It is possible that the edge bevel was too steep in the area from belly curve to tip since every knife is free-hand sharpened. With the Spyderco and sharpie technique that was reportedly used, this would be evident and at that point, the knife should have been sent back to us - four pages of Forum posts would have been averted.

These are not the most brilliant pictures but this is what the cutting edge looked like as it came back to us and is most definitely not the way it left our shop:
View attachment 236257View attachment 236258

Once we received the knife, Chris could see that the width of the bevel was way wider than it would have been when it left our shop. (A look at the “Just Images – CRK Folders” sticky thread will show multiple times how even and narrow our edge bevels are.) Chris can regrind this blade to remove the uneven start of the grind and return it to a fully serviceable condition with virtually no evidence that anything has happened. As previously mentioned, the blade would end up ever so slightly shorter but the difference would be barely noticeable.

We have offered to do this work at no charge, which is well within our warranty and we stand by that offer.

Anne

Thanks Anne, and we all know that no company can make knives 100% perfect all the time. We also know you make a more consistent knife than any other manufacturer, hence all the Blade show awards just for that.

We also know you are handling this in the right way, as always IMO. Like you said, the knife should have been sent back when the problem was first noticed. Most anyone would know to do that.

Thanks Anne, and we all know that no company can make knives 100% perfect all the time. We also know you make a more consistent knife than any other manufacturer, hence all the Blade show awards just for that.

We also know you are handling this in the right way, as always IMO. Like you said, the knife should have been sent back when the problem was first noticed. Most anyone would know to do that.

+ 1 on this statement.

@crk its not we may have sent the edge really wide YOU DID. Look at the dam thing I never hit the edge YOU can cleary see that ! Im done witth this dam arrogant condescending company . Get ready fanboys cause if you want one it will be on the exchange when I get it back. Im not the only person that feels this way about the company either they just don't want to speak up here and get attacked by the fanboy lynch mob, again at crk look at the dam edge you can cleary see where I never made contact with the edge in the area whiile rest of blade is fine. Go into your shop measure the dam thing and don't come back here with your may haves its clear as day how dam wide that area is and you still see original edge

The edge is "wide" because you tried to (inadvertently, apparently) reprofile the edge to a steeper angle on the edge pro. THATS why you did not hit the edge. Maybe you didnt mean to, maybe you thought you were at the right angle, maybe you thought that if you ground a lot of steel off of one spot on the shoulder that would even things out....I dont know. It is clear to everyone here but YOU that YOU messed up the edge.

How are you not getting this? This is high school geometry, not rocket science.

Your detractors here have nothing to do with fanboyism and has everything to do with you being dense and not admitting a simple mistake. It might also help if you slow down your typing, take advantage of spellcheck, and try to write something coherent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back