Crosscut Saw Thread

A little three foot saw, pretty sure it is a Curtis.

Hardware store etch, Idaho Hardware and Plumbing. The company started in 1902 and dissolved in 1965. The building is still there in downtown Boise.

It's too cold to work on it now but I think it will get filed and find a home in my trucks tool box.

Hardware store etch, Idaho Hardware and Plumbing. The company started in 1902 and dissolved in 1965. The building is still there in downtown Boise.

It's too cold to work on it now but I think it will get filed and find a home in my trucks tool box.
Lightly sand the heel of the blade and look for a "Boxed C" like this : [C] That's the Curtis stamping.

A short light saw like that will cut much better if you add a supplementary handle which you can lever to push the nose of the saw down. Also try attaching a weight on the front handle hole. It cuts much easier with some added weight.
6.jpg

Lightly sand the heel of the blade and look for a "Boxed C" like this : [C] That's the Curtis stamping.
It's there, opposite side from the etch. I have another little Curtis but with champion teeth, so when I seen "oil temper", "hand filed" in the etch I suspect so.
Thank you!

Back