Crowd-funded one hundred dollar 6" custom dagger than can stab car hoods and even cut too. ;)

Thanks guys!

I'm in, if I can make the arrangements . Very busy today , but will try to sort out tonight .

Flabbergasted that you are calling my bluff !

Never expected to own a custom , let alone "inspire" a special run !

Is it too late to specify 3V and DE with your special serrations on everything ? :p

Doc, please forgive the delay of my reply as I missed your post mixed in with other notifications from today. If you want to shoot me an email so I have your info I'd appreciate it, and I can get an entry in the book for you. I didn't realize you had never owned a custom, though now that you mention it I do think you've stated so before on the forum. In any case, learning this (or being remind of it, as the case may be) makes me very excited to be able to provide you with your first one. Thanks for the inspiration!

David

Man, work throws a nutty week at me, and look at what I miss. I love daggers like this.

If it isn't too late to jump on board, I'd like to join in, too.

Thank you so much for your interest! There are a few blanks unclaimed, but I'm considering this closed for the time being. If and when the remaining blades become open to claims, I will announce it here, but it won't be until the pre-orders are filled. I will consider you first in line snuffle snuffle .

Eight of you have preordered a dagger. One of you has asked for a handle upgrade and been kind enough to give me creative license. The other seven, if you'd be so kind as to select from the following, I'll get the scales prepped and set aside for you so I can get right to work once the blanks arrive from heat treatment.

I'm considering DocJD to have first pick and after that priority is in the order by which you joined the run. You can let me know here or by PM, whichever you prefer and if we end up with order conflicts due to material availability I'll get in touch privately so we can sort it out.

I have enough oak to do all of them. Likewise the Frogblanks. And as for the rest, I have only what you see in the pics. One of the woods I don't know the name of, but the rest are marked.

IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2832.JPG

Eight of you have preordered a dagger. One of you has asked for a handle upgrade and been kind enough to give me creative license. The other seven, if you'd be so kind as to select from the following, I'll get the scales prepped and set aside for you so I can get right to work once the blanks arrive from heat treatment.

I'm considering DocJD to have first pick and after that priority is in the order by which you joined the run. You can let me know here or by PM, whichever you prefer and if we end up with order conflicts due to material availability I'll get in touch privately so we can sort it out.

I have enough oak to do all of them. Likewise the Frogblanks. And as for the rest, I have only what you see in the pics. One of the woods I don't know the name of, but the rest are marked.

View attachment 2197858
View attachment 2197859

Frogblanks me

View attachment 2197858
View attachment 2197859
Purple heart would be my first choice, with Padauk if someone else snags the other, but I'm not terribly picky and am willing to give up either if anyone really wants 'em.

Is it too late to specify [...] your special serrations on everything ? :p

Not at all. If you want them, I will do it for you for no extra charge as a gesture of gratitude for inspiring this neat project idea. The serrations would work best closer to the handle, before the geometry change towards the tip, so maybe the first two thirds of the blade or so. Possibly with a modified "Besh Wedge" style grind.

Not at all. If you want them, I will do it for you for no extra charge as a gesture of gratitude for inspiring this neat project idea. The serrations would work best closer to the handle, before the geometry change towards the tip, so maybe the first two thirds of the blade or so. Possibly with a modified "Besh Wedge" style grind.
I try NOT to tell the designer / craftsman how to do his best work ! :)

I appreciate the extra efforts very much . Sounds like a winner . :cool:

I will look at the handle options and let you know .

Back