Crowd-funded one hundred dollar 6" custom dagger than can stab car hoods and even cut too. ;)

D DocJD I happen to have a leopardwood build on the bunch today. This pic is WIP but gives you an idea of what you’ve selected. It’s the rear part of the handle. The front part is padauk and the filet knife is wenge.

70726772527__EF6C5724-1871-49D8-BF32-FC609EBE8737.jpeg

D DocJD I happen to have a leopardwood build on the bunch today. This pic is WIP but gives you an idea of what you’ve selected. It’s the rear part of the handle. The front part is padauk and the filet knife is wenge.

View attachment 2203975
Thanks !

I love it !

Certainly will add some class... far beyond my norm for a knife handle .

Plus: it looks delicious ...like almond chips in a chocolate bar . 😋

Because these will be cut by HAI, and heat treated by Andy Pomorski, the time from when the steel is ordered to when the blanks are in my shop can be as little as 4-6 weeks, and I cannot remember ever having been made to wait longer than 8 weeks for these two service providers to process my blanks. I fully expect to have the investors' knives completed and shipped before August.

That being said, serrations on knife will look cool but they won’t cut very well. It’s already more standby than cutty, but it does cut. With serrations it will cut a bit less. I’m going to hold off on putting serrations on yours until you confirm you definitely want them in light of this info. Thanks!

That being said, serrations on knife will look cool but they won’t cut very well. It’s already more standby than cutty, but it does cut. With serrations it will cut a bit less. I’m going to hold off on putting serrations on yours until you confirm you definitely want them in light of this info. Thanks!
Please use your own best judgment ! Do what works best functionally for the knife in question . 🤔

Maybe later you can me make a nice $100 serrated two hand Thai machete , or something ? :p

Thanks guys! Just be aware the "custom dagger than can stab car hoods and even cut too" title is a bit of tongue in cheek sensationalism. I do not actually encourage stabbing cars, and please don't expect it to cut the same as my usual knives made with broader blades and/or thinner stock. There, unnecessary disclaimer out of the way!

A little mineral oil goes a long way on a wood handle.

IMG_0263.jpg
IMG_0264.jpeg
IMG_0265.jpeg
IMG_0266.jpeg
IMG_0267.jpeg
IMG_0268.jpeg
IMG_0269.jpeg
IMG_0270.jpeg
IMG_0263.jpg

Notaflashyguybyanymeans Notaflashyguybyanymeans I feel like yours looks like a ninja turtle

Back