Cruwear Delica!

And now a Native 5 Cruwear just appeared at KC - craziness!

Yea... I was all set to buy the Delica, but I wasn't completely sold as I prefer a wharncliffe on the Delica frame. Then I saw the Cruwear Native 5 and couldn't resist. I sure wish it had steel liners though. :(

Yea... I was all set to buy the Delica, but I wasn't completely sold as I prefer a wharncliffe on the Delica frame. Then I saw the Cruwear Native 5 and couldn't resist. I sure wish it had steel liners though. :(
Native 5 over a Delica for me - Spyderco might as well make CRUWEAR a standard offering at this rate!

Just grabbed one of the Natives as well!

Prefer the Delica and purchased back-up.

Do not need choil , Delica blade is thinner stock and a great slicer, do not like black smooth G-10.

Regards,
FK

Still showing Delica in stock at knivesplus,
but shipping fees will be added due to the price point.

Last edited:
what do I gain from this one that I do not from the m390 delica? Toughness? Is it really important for such a little knife?

what do I gain from this one that I do not from the m390 delica? Toughness? Is it really important for such a little knife?

Nothing, if you like tool steels, it's a good steel. Some folks prefer stainless over carbon. I've got a Military coming in Cru-Wear. Cru-Wear is the same as Z-Wear, I've had good results with Z-Ware in fixed blades and am glad to see it offered in folders.

I feel like with all the Cruwear that’s moving out of Crucibles doors they might actually turn a profit for once!

I feel like with all the Cruwear that’s moving out of Crucibles doors they might actually turn a profit for once!

They need to keep it coming! Some dealer needs to start a "Family" with DLC coated CRUWEAR blades and a new color of PEEL PLY G10. None of this smooth G10 that KnifeCenter is peddling in their CRUWEAR knives. CRUWEAR is my favorite non-nitrogen steel and I passed on all of the KC exclusives because of that smooth G10. CRUWEAR is a tough steel made for a hard working knife, so why make the scales smooth?? I want all of the grip I can get! :)

These Delicas were a welcome surprise though and I got a few of them so all is well in the CRUWEAR Nation while we await the Cruwear Micarta Shaman! :)

They need to keep it coming! Some dealer needs to start a "Family" with DLC coated CRUWEAR blades and a new color of PEEL PLY G10. None of this smooth G10 that KnifeCenter is peddling in their CRUWEAR knives. CRUWEAR is my favorite non-nitrogen steel and I passed on all of the KC exclusives because of that smooth G10. CRUWEAR is a tough steel made for a hard working knife, so why make the scales smooth?? I want all of the grip I can get! :)

These Delicas were a welcome surprise though and I got a few of them so all is well in the CRUWEAR Nation while we await the Cruwear Micarta Shaman! :)
The smooth G10 isn’t really that smooth, there is some texture it, more than anodized aluminum. Also, most of the models they have made it in have very good lock in/jimping.

Don’t skip the Cruwear just because of that!

I received mine today. It's a really nice knife. I mean, the Delica is a great knife period. With tool steel this thing is even more fantastic. It's bitey as heck like M4 is. This is my first knife in Cruwear. The gray looks darker than the standard gray VG-10 Delica.

I don't know if this is the first Delica that has Sal's logo on the back, but I like it. I think the maker logos are cool on the back of knives.

The clip is a titanium model off of a Salt 2 that I stripped and heat anodized. I want the clip to be a bit more discreet.

Af7Lkj5.jpg

J4iEySy.jpg

-David

I received mine today. It's a really nice knife. I mean, the Delica is a great knife period. With tool steel this thing is even more fantastic. It's bitey as heck like M4 is. This is my first knife in Cruwear. The gray looks darker than the standard gray VG-10 Delica.

I don't know if this is the first Delica that has Sal's logo on the back, but I like it. I think the maker logos are cool on the back of knives.

The clip is a titanium model off of a Salt 2 that I stripped and heat anodized. I want the clip to be a bit more discreet.

Af7Lkj5.jpg

J4iEySy.jpg

-David
Nice work on the clip! I really dig the way it turned out

Back