1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Cruwear Delica!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by onionfan, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Yea... I was all set to buy the Delica, but I wasn't completely sold as I prefer a wharncliffe on the Delica frame. Then I saw the Cruwear Native 5 and couldn't resist. I sure wish it had steel liners though. :(

2. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Ordered, thanks for the heads up! That one I can’t pass on!

MJ713 and Peter Brandon like this.
  3. Peter Brandon

Peter Brandon Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Native 5 over a Delica for me - Spyderco might as well make CRUWEAR a standard offering at this rate!

4. MJ713

MJ713 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Just grabbed one of the Natives as well!

5. FK

FK Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Prefer the Delica and purchased back-up.

Do not need choil , Delica blade is thinner stock and a great slicer, do not like black smooth G-10.

Regards,
    FK

6. BenchMEDAL

BenchMEDAL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Still showing Delica in stock at knivesplus,
    but shipping fees will be added due to the price point.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    what do I gain from this one that I do not from the m390 delica? Toughness? Is it really important for such a little knife?

Peter Brandon likes this.
  8. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Nothing, if you like tool steels, it's a good steel. Some folks prefer stainless over carbon. I've got a Military coming in Cru-Wear. Cru-Wear is the same as Z-Wear, I've had good results with Z-Ware in fixed blades and am glad to see it offered in folders.

attila. and sharp_edge like this.
  9. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    I feel like with all the Cruwear that’s moving out of Crucibles doors they might actually turn a profit for once!

10. steelcitysixteen

steelcitysixteen Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2017
    They need to keep it coming! Some dealer needs to start a "Family" with DLC coated CRUWEAR blades and a new color of PEEL PLY G10. None of this smooth G10 that KnifeCenter is peddling in their CRUWEAR knives. CRUWEAR is my favorite non-nitrogen steel and I passed on all of the KC exclusives because of that smooth G10. CRUWEAR is a tough steel made for a hard working knife, so why make the scales smooth?? I want all of the grip I can get! :)

These Delicas were a welcome surprise though and I got a few of them so all is well in the CRUWEAR Nation while we await the Cruwear Micarta Shaman! :)

blackhat, Peter Brandon and John_0917 like this.
  11. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    The smooth G10 isn’t really that smooth, there is some texture it, more than anodized aluminum. Also, most of the models they have made it in have very good lock in/jimping.

Don’t skip the Cruwear just because of that!

Peacedivision likes this.
  12. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    I received mine today. It's a really nice knife. I mean, the Delica is a great knife period. With tool steel this thing is even more fantastic. It's bitey as heck like M4 is. This is my first knife in Cruwear. The gray looks darker than the standard gray VG-10 Delica.

I don't know if this is the first Delica that has Sal's logo on the back, but I like it. I think the maker logos are cool on the back of knives.

The clip is a titanium model off of a Salt 2 that I stripped and heat anodized. I want the clip to be a bit more discreet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-David

13. BenchMEDAL

Mar 17, 2018
    The heat treat is a nice touch. You might have a good side business there Mr. Sanford!

Fred Sanford likes this.
  14. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Great to see the signature on the blade .

15. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    This delica is all gone?

16. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    There is one for sale in the exchange.

sharp_edge likes this.
  17. willywall

willywall

Jun 21, 2016
    Nice work on the clip! I really dig the way it turned out

Fred Sanford likes this.
  18. FK

FK Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Other dealers will have the Delica CRU-WEAR posted on Monday.

Regards,
    FK

sharp_edge likes this.
  19. BenchMEDAL

Mar 17, 2018
    KnifeCenter has a small amount available as of this time.

sharp_edge likes this.
  20. BenchMEDAL

Mar 17, 2018
    Gone.