Cruwear Delica!

When did BHQ start to collect sales taxes? This plus shipping pushes the total cost to $105 for this Delica.

These things flew off the shelves, looks like everyone sold out

I originally bought it to fli—ehhrm sell on the secondary market...I ended up liking it so much I put an MXG clip on it and it’s been my EDC all week!

This thing is super thin and cuts effortlessly!
iNkg9jt.jpg

It is interesting to see such a heavy patina... Reminds me of CPM-M4. None of my CPM-Cruwear blades have developed a noticeable patina, even after years of food, fruit or meat contact.

I wonder how the heat treatments compare between Golden and Seki?

It is interesting to see such a heavy patina... Reminds me of CPM-M4. None of my CPM-Cruwear blades have developed a noticeable patina, even after years of food, fruit or meat contact.

I wonder how the heat treatments compare between Golden and Seki?

Yes I have only read that Cruwear does not easily patina or has a great stainless attribute that is not expected for its composition.
For me it it was just a matter of a single session of cutting through mostly raspberry stalks, baby trees, and weeds.
Here is a photo with the Delica's PD1 Mule cousin which recieved the same workout and formed a similar patina:

xjoOTZB.jpg

How/why does Spyderco miss on these releases? Had they made double the number, it still would’ve sold out. Everyone would’ve been better off

How/why does Spyderco miss on these releases? Had they made double the number, it still would’ve sold out. Everyone would’ve been better off
They may need the steel for other products ... cough Endura cough

Also, Cruwear isn’t just made all the time like D2, it’s expensive to make and has limited applications,

Back in stock at Blade HQ and poof, sold out again, didn't last long

Back