Cruwear Millie vs. S30v

Sorry guys. national Finals Rodeo is here in Vegas for 10 days. Been "otherwise taken" lately. Let me get through this and I will do the test. :)

Enjoy. I've heard that's a pretty awesome week. I was invited a few years ago by a little barrel riding honey but couldn't make it. :(.

My favorite knife of all time was the Spyderco Military in S30V...That was until the Cruwear Military came into my possession. Granted I bought the Cruwear not just for the steel but the awesome Grey G10 and I like blades that could potentionally patina. Anyways, sharpening in my book is just as easy as S30V. Also in my experience I have found that the Cruwear certainly holds a longer working edge than S30V but oddly enough I think the S30V holds a longer finer edge, although that just may be the toothiness of S30V that I am feeling while the Cruwear has a much smoother edge. Either way, the Cruwear in my eyes is the best Military version out there, as well as my grail.

I’m interested in the “big picture” on the Cruwear also. In the excitement and heat of the moment I picked one up when they first became available, but being left handed I’ve relegated the right hand only Cruwear to the “NIB-just looked at” category. With so many other great EDC’s in front of my Cruwear, I’m just hoping to get it modified one day so I can carry it.
My interest is will it polish up better than s30v? I use all the rods available for the SM and strop but can’t seem to get the polish I think I should get on the s30v (haven’t touched the CW yet). I think a diamond paste/spray, or CBN would work refining the carbides whereas my chromium oxide/green is just too soft.

http://http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1159587-DMT-paste-vs-CBN-spray-which-one-is-better
A good informative discussion on cutting/polishing.

I finish at 600 followed by a 5 micron strop on the weps. Scarry sharp and toothy. Most excellent results I have found so far.cruwaer is good stuff for my uses.

My Cruwear Military is still in the box, haven't tested it yet. :D

My Cruwear Military is still in the box, haven't tested it yet. :D

Like the recently done s110v tests, the cruwear test is something I've been waiting for.
But most importantly is that you feel better soon.

Cruwear for me is taking a very fine edge. Wouldn't mind seeing it in other models as I don't find myself carrying a Miitary much.

Like the recently done s110v tests, the cruwear test is something I've been waiting for.
But most importantly is that you feel better soon.

Cruwear for me is taking a very fine edge. Wouldn't mind seeing it in other models as I don't find myself carrying a Miitary much.

Haven't touched it at all, still factory edge and all. :D

Nice knife though. :)

Back