CS's Special Edition - A list

Hi CS Fans,

I stumbled across some special edition CS knives recently so i figured i should put up a list here so that we can help each others up spotting these special runs. Please feel free to add any other special runs you've seen.

**Edited to add more to the list. Thanks so much for the info so far guys!

List:
- Ti-lite 4/6: Black DLC + black G-10 handle - Just google it, got a few images circulating online.
- American Lawman: Green handle - XHP - DLC - Seen on certain knife hq shop. Already ran out even though it's still on preorder stage.
- American Lawman: Coyote Brown handle - XHP, DLC Coated, appears to use the original course and thicker G-10 but in Tan Color similar to 4max.
- Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Clip-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.
- Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Spear-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.
- Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Spear-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.
- Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.
- Recon 1: 5.5-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.
- Recon 1: 5.5-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.
- Large G-10 Espada: 5.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.
- Large G-10 Espada: 5.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab G10 handle.
- Medium G-10 Espada: 3.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.
- Medium G-10 Espada: 3.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.
- Hold Out I: 6-inch blade, with Olive drab green G10 handle.
- Hold Out I: 6-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.
- Hold Out II: 4-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle + DLC Coated blade.
- Talwar: 4-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.
- Talwar: 4-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.
- Talwar XL: 5.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.
- Talwar XL: 5.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.
- AK-47: 3.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Please feel free to chime in!

Last edited:
now I kind of want a Lawman with a non black handle lol.

Kind of wish Orange/Yellow/brighter blue was an option.

Knifecenter has an exclusive green handled Recon 1 Clip Point that they just got in stock.
There's a limited run Hold Out 2 with coated blade and coyote brown scales coming at some point.

And do you knof if there is a Special Run Hold Out I? Please, I've been putting away an order waiting to know if there's a Special Run Hold Out I.
Ever since I saw the special HO II I knew I had to get my hands on the HO one if it ever had a special run. It's my favorite CS folder.
I was going to pay my order today but I just saw this thread pop up and I must know.

Thanks everybody for the answers.

Cold Steel Special Editions for 2015:

More information should be forthcoming from Cold Steel soon.

Looks like they are shown at full list price/MSRP.

All of them are shown/listed as plain-edged.

Going by the list prices, it looks like these have the upgraded Carpenter CTS-XHP blade steel and they are black DLC-coated going by the pictures.

These pictures are the Computer-generated images that are used in the catalogs for most newly-introduced Cold Steel products.

(What has been listed on the wide river so far):

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Spear-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Recon 1: 5.5-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

Recon 1: 5.5-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Espada: 5.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Espada: 5.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab G10 handle.

Espada: 3.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Espada: 3.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

Hold Out I: 6-inch blade, with Olive drab green G10 handle.

Hold Out I: 6-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Talwar: 4-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

Talwar: 4-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Talwar: 5.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Talwar: 5.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

AK-47: 3.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Listed on Knifecenter.com (also the picture they use here is one that they took, instead of the stock Cold Steel):

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Clip-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle. It is listed for under the MSRP too—plus the pictures of it, show that the blade is marked with the CTS-XHP and the newer 2015 Cold Steel logo.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CS...plain-blade-od-green-g10-handles-kc-exclusive

Limited editions of the Ti-Lite with Carpenter CTS-XHP blades and black G10 handles:

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CS...ife-cts-xhp-black-dlc-plain-blade-g10-handles

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CS...ife-cts-xhp-black-dlc-plain-blade-g10-handles

Another vendor that sells through that big river, so these are listed there too:

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Spear-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Coyoye Brown G10 handle.

Hold Out II: 4-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Last edited:
EXTREMELY interested in that 5.5 inch coyote Talwar, assuming its XHP. Please keep up the notices.

And please, just PLEASE, any info, update or heads up when the Hold Out I appear will be really, REALLY appreciated. I want to grab one of them the very exact moment they are available on anywhere shipping worldwide (or shipping to Europe)
Thank you all.

Hey, I've found the Talwars and Hold Out I on the net, but none ship to Europe. Not even the official Cold Steel Amazon site (I hope I am not infringing any rules posting this. Please excuse me and edit if so).
Any ideas or anybody willing to do a favor? Please, this is a one-in-a-milion chance.
Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, just picked up the od clip point recon from knife center.

Last edited:
Cold Steel Special Editions/Limited Runs for 2015:

More information should be forthcoming from Cold Steel soon.

Looks like they are shown at full list price/MSRP.

All of them are shown/listed as plain-edged.

Going by the list prices, it looks like these have the upgraded Carpenter CTS-XHP blade steel and they are black DLC-coated going by the pictures.

These pictures are the Computer-generated images that are used in the catalogs for most newly-introduced Cold Steel products.

(What has been listed on the wide river so far):

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Spear-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Recon 1: 5.5-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

Recon 1: 5.5-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Espada: 5.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Espada: 5.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab G10 handle.

Espada: 3.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Espada: 3.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

Hold Out I: 6-inch blade, with Olive drab green G10 handle.

Hold Out I: 6-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Talwar: 4-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

Talwar: 4-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Talwar: 5.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Talwar: 5.5-inch blade, with Olive Drab green G10 handle.

AK-47: 3.5-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Listed on Knifecenter.com (also the picture they use here is one that they took, instead of the stock Cold Steel):

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Clip-Point, with Olive Drab green G10 handle. It is listed for under the MSRP too—plus the pictures of it, show that the blade is marked with the CTS-XHP and the newer 2015 Cold Steel logo.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CS...plain-blade-od-green-g10-handles-kc-exclusive

Limited editions of the Ti-Lite with Carpenter CTS-XHP blades and black G10 handles:

Another vendor that sells through that big river, so these are listed there too:

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Spear-Point, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Recon 1: 4-inch blade, Tanto-Point, with Coyoye Brown G10 handle.

Hold Out II: 4-inch blade, with Coyote Brown G10 handle.

Wow thanks for the info! Updated the list.

For those outside of the United States that are interested in these:

You need to find out who the Cold Steel distributor in your country is.

I suggest starting with the largest sporting goods retailer and contacting them.

Update from one of the retailers selling these Cold Steel knives with olive drab & coyote brown G10 handles:

They have stated that these are not limited editions. This conflicts with what the Cold Steel Rep stated in the previous thread about these. However, to confirm this, a Cold Steel Rep needs to address this for sure.

I have also done an Internet search for the American Lawman in coyote brown G10 listed in the first of this thread.

I wasn't able to find it listed anywhere. But there is probably more dealers that will be carrying these than what has been listed so far.

Last edited:
I saw the Hold Out 2 with Coyote Brown at the big river site. I also saw it at the big auction site. Then I contacted Knifecenter to see when they'd have it because they always seem to get the new models first. The customer service agent that emailed me back said they have no info on it yet. I don't get it.

For those outside of the United States that are interested in these:

You need to find out who the Cold Steel distributor in your country is.

I suggest starting with the largest sporting goods retailer and contacting them.

Update from one of the retailers selling these Cold Steel knives with olive drab & coyote brown G10 handles:

They have stated that these are not limited editions. However, to confirm this, a Cold Steel Rep needs to address this for sure.

I have also done an Internet search for the American Lawman in coyote brown G10 listed in the first of this thread.

I wasn't able to find it listed anywhere. But there is probably more dealers that will be carrying these than what has been listed so far.

Hey GCG, I've only seen brown g10 Lawman on Midwayusa.

Knifecenter won't tell me anything either. I've been asking them since June, because I already knew about the special editions, and they keep telling me the same BS, that they don't know if (I say IF, not WHEN) they are going to have them.
I told them it is absurd for such a big store/distributor not to know what are they going to sell to their customers. I understand they don't know when, since that depends of Cold Steel releasing the items to distributors and vendors, but not knowing if they intend to distribute them? What's that? Especially after having already released the special Recon 1 and TiLites.

Sorry but it tells me "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" when clicking on it.
Am I the only one?

Yes, they need to take that attachment and host it on an outside website.

(I am guessing that it is a picture.)

That is how it works on most forums, at least.

Updated to add:

Here is a link to the video of the Knifecenter.com exclusive olive drab G10 Clip-Point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=87&v=T6K2PLhyxx4

Note: You may need to restart the video from the beginning, as I switched watching it from Google+ to Youtube towards the end of it.

I have also purchased one of these.

Last edited:
Wish CS would release something in blue. Admittedly, it's nice to see a few things outside of the black, but I'd still like some blue, or purple, or maybe a lighter green than that olive drab.

Apparently the "quick reply" jinxed my picture. HERE is what I'm talkin' about:

The Talwar appears on the big river site as well. But hell i can't find the Hold Out i anywhere else, and the big river site doesn't allow International Shipping! Cr*p, I hate these no-overseas shipping policies.

Back