Cult of the peanut , members

I have been trying to get as many different brands of peanuts that I can find ( and afford) lately...Here's my current group.. They are: Left top to bottom.. KaBar, Queen, Primble, AG Russell, Remington, Bear, and Kutmaster... Right top to bottom... Gerber, Case, Camillis, Schatt and Morgan, Old Timer, AG Russell, and Northwoods..

DSC04311.jpg

Ron, if you're not opposed to imports, both Rough Rider and Steel Warrior make a nice peanut and have a wide variety of covers to choose from, for around $10.

I have been trying to get as many different brands of peanuts that I can find ( and afford) lately...Here's my current group.. They are: Left top to bottom.. KaBar, Queen, Primble, AG Russell, Remington, Bear, and Kutmaster... Right top to bottom... Gerber, Case, Camillis, Schatt and Morgan, Old Timer, AG Russell, and Northwoods..

View attachment 930558

Beautiful, quite impressive collection.

View attachment 930558
Great collection! Do you have a favorite?

View attachment 930558
What a great gathering of legumes you have there!

Yeah, I understand that now all schools no matter where, have that zero tolerance policy with pocket knives. I felt with that with my kids and grandkids and I never liked it.

I guess the influence on what your son will carry will somewhat depend on if he's growing up country or urban/suburban, and what he chooses for a profession.

Perhaps I lucked out when I was in school, but it was still common for just about everyone to carry a pocket knife at my school. I graduated back in 2009, so things may have changed since then, but somehow I doubt that.

I guess growin up in the country has its perks.

I distinctly remember two instances that to this day make me smile.

One was when my teacher(who was also one of my coaches) turned to the class and said “Now... I can’t technically ask if any of y’all have a knife I can borrow, but I’m gonna turn around, and if there are any knives on the desk, I’m gonna borrow one just real quick.”

Everybody minus two people walked up to his desk and laid a knife down. He showed no shock to that fact.

When he got to my Case Amber Bone Mini Trapper(It was fairly widely known that I carried the sharpest knife in the school, which i figure will tie into my next story) he smiled after he felt the edge and said everyone else could come get their knives back.

Bit of a proud moment for me there.

The second story involved our principle my Senior year.

She came knocking on the door and called me out of the classroom. Having been a fairly quiet kid, I was curious why she called me into the hallway.

Well, I get out there and she asks me, “JP, do you have your pocket knife on you?”

So I’m sitting there thinking “well... busted.” And told her the truth that, yes I did.

Go figure, the next words out of her mouth was “Can I borrow it for a few minutes? I’ll bring it right back!”

Pleasantly surprised, I handed over that same Mini Trapper, and true to her word she brought it back a few minutes later.

There’s still a few places in the states(God Bless Texas!) that haven’t fallen in with the sheeple way of thinking, and I dunno about y’all, but that gives me hope.

Looking back on it, the only thing I would have changed is that I would have had a Peanut in the pocket instead of the Mini Trapper, good knife though it is.

Perhaps I lucked out when I was in school, but it was still common for just about everyone to carry a pocket knife at my school. I graduated back in 2009, so things may have changed since then, but somehow I doubt that.

One was when my teacher(who was also one of my coaches) turned to the class and said “Now... I can’t technically ask if any of y’all have a knife I can borrow, but I’m gonna turn around, and if there are any knives on the desk, I’m gonna borrow one just real quick.”

Everybody minus two people walked up to his desk and laid a knife down. He showed no shock to that fact.

When he got to my Case Amber Bone Mini Trapper(It was fairly widely known that I carried the sharpest knife in the school, which i figure will tie into my next story) he smiled after he felt the edge and said everyone else could come get their knives back.

She came knocking on the door and called me out of the classroom. Having been a fairly quiet kid, I was curious why she called me into the hallway.

Well, I get out there and she asks me, “JP, do you have your pocket knife on you?”

So I’m sitting there thinking “well... busted.” And told her the truth that, yes I did.

Go figure, the next words out of her mouth was “Can I borrow it for a few minutes? I’ll bring it right back!”

Pleasantly surprised, I handed over that same Mini Trapper, and true to her word she brought it back a few minutes later.

There’s still a few places in the states(God Bless Texas!) that haven’t fallen in with the sheeple way of thinking, and I dunno about y’all, but that gives me hope.

Looking back on it, the only thing I would have changed is that I would have had a Peanut in the pocket instead of the Mini Trapper, good knife though it is.

Great story! It's a shame I have had to leave my knife in the car before going into certain places. Was telling a story to a co-worker about having to go back to my car to leave my knife before entering a hockey arena, and my daughter had more knives than me. Thought it was funny. But co- worker was shocked that my daughter carried knives!!!

With everyday that goes by I am amazed at what a sharp peanut will do. I have finally gotten to the point I don't want to use any other knife. I do carry the recruit with the peanut every day but the recruit rarely does any cutting. I use it for the screw drivers. The peanut is small enough to go just about anywhere but still big enough to do most of my cutting. It even served jury duty with me last summer.

Haven't carried this little guy in a while, touch of oil in the joints, and wiped the blades with an alcohol swab...ready to go!

Beautiful, looks pretty old judging by the long pull.

With everyday that goes by I am amazed at what a sharp peanut will do. I have finally gotten to the point I don't want to use any other knife. I do carry the recruit with the peanut every day but the recruit rarely does any cutting. I use it for the screw drivers. The peanut is small enough to go just about anywhere but still big enough to do most of my cutting. It even served jury duty with me last summer.

I am in the same point still, as I was when I started this thread back in March 2012. Nothing better than the peanut, and it really cuts, no kiddin' :D

F1ct64v.jpg

Back