Cult of the peanut , members

Does this count as a peanut?

Imperial Peanut(?) - Imperial Knife Co Prov. RI. I've had this one since who knows when. It is about the size of a peanut with the finish coming off revealing white bone I think.
Internet search suggests 1956-1988
Dm9F4m2.jpg

VNZeOL8.jpg

AgtfPul.jpg

sNHTj9G.jpg

R RustyRick that looks like a handy little knife! There was some discussion on this very question early in the life of this thread.

At the time, Buck 309's were allowed but jr. stockmen were advised to get a lawyer.

Who makes these rules anyway? I want to talk to my congressman.

(Just imagine how that conversation would go.

"I'd like to speak to Congressman XYZ, please. I'm in his district."

"Yes, sir. What matter do you have in mind?"

"I want to talk to him about the Cult of the Peanut and..."

*Click*)

R RustyRick that looks like a handy little knife! There was some discussion on this very question early in the life of this thread.

At the time, Buck 309's were allowed but jr. stockmen were advised to get a lawyer.

Who makes these rules anyway? I want to talk to my congressman.

(Just imagine how that conversation would go.

"I'd like to speak to Congressman XYZ, please. I'm in his district."

"Yes, sir. What matter do you have in mind?"

"I want to talk to him about the Cult of the Peanut and..."

*Click*)e to help

I called my congressman and he said “Quote. I’d like to help ya son, but you’re too young to vote”.

View attachment 2375977

I've been looking for a Chestnut peanut and red 309 for a while now. Within a week of each other, I found them for stupid low prices. I may have paid less than the original owners. With the weather cooling off and yard work winding down for the season, I'm much more likely to have one of these smalls in my pocket than anything else. These are definitely my favorite knives!
Very nice pair. I'm likin' that red Buck.

Does this count as a peanut?

Imperial Peanut(?) - Imperial Knife Co Prov. RI. I've had this one since who knows when. It is about the size of a peanut with the finish coming off revealing white bone I think.
Internet search suggests 1956-1988
Dm9F4m2.jpg

VNZeOL8.jpg

AgtfPul.jpg

sNHTj9G.jpg

Just curious what others think -- that Imperial looks to me like what I think is called a shell handle -- a hollow celluloid shell and stamped metal bolsters. In the third picture you can see where the celluloid is shrinking and pulling away from the bolster.

I have a Schrade Uncle Henry small stockman about that size. When I bought it I was just getting back into knives and I remember asking the store owner "Is this a peanut?". I love that whiskey bone peanut with pewter shield! I need to get one to go with my tribal lock and muskrat in the same bone.

Just curious what others think -- that Imperial looks to me like what I think is called a shell handle -- a hollow celluloid shell and stamped metal bolsters. In the third picture you can see where the celluloid is shrinking and pulling away from the bolster.

I have a Schrade Uncle Henry small stockman about that size. When I bought it I was just getting back into knives and I remember asking the store owner "Is this a peanut?". I love that whiskey bone peanut with pewter shield! I need to get one to go with my tribal lock and muskrat in the same bone.
I have that combo, whiskey bone peanut and whiskey bone tribal lock too here's mine https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/what-traditional-knife-are-ya-totin-today.547127/post-22288174

I've heard it said it's sometimes the little things that matter. I've had this orange peel peanut for a while now and really like it. Have had it with my keys lately, but have the urge to pocket carry the darn thing. The bail makes it a natural for a key ring carry but still...

View attachment 2382523

And I've been reading about the SAK Rambler as an improvement to the Classic. So, to kill two birds with one stone, ordered a Rambler this morning and the Peanut will be set free to be with me even more.

Very nice pair. I'm likin' that red Buck.
Thanks! I'd been looking for a while, but they're usually priced out of my comfort level. This one had seen some use, and had a low opening bid with no one else interested. Still plenty of life left in it though.

And I've been reading about the SAK Rambler as an improvement to the Classic. So, to kill two birds with one stone, ordered a Rambler this morning and the Peanut will be set free to be with me even more.
I've had a Rambler on my keys for a couple years. It's pretty useful. 10/10 would recommend.IMG_0466.jpeg

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with nuts supply?
Here in europe (germany to be precise) I cant find a single Peanut in CV for weeks now.
Not even the yellow ones are available, not talking about other versions.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with nuts supply?
Here in europe (germany to be precise) I cant find a single Peanut in CV for weeks now.
Not even the yellow ones are available, not talking about other versions.
Have you tried Lamnia? Although I'm not in Europe, somehow I ended up on their email list and I'm pretty sure they stock Case knives. Some of our European members might have better ideas.

Have you tried Lamnia? Although I'm not in Europe, somehow I ended up on their email list and I'm pretty sure they stock Case knives. Some of our European members might have better ideas.
Ive checked them over and over, too.

And just as Ive finished reading your post I checked just to make sure and found a red bone in CV (among lots of SS ones) in stock.

Guess whats on the way... ;)

Ive checked them over and over, too.

And just as Ive finished reading your post I checked just to make sure and found a red bone in CV (among lots of SS ones) in stock.

Guess whats on the way... ;)
Well that was perfect timing. Congrats!

Back