Cult of the peanut , members

InTUhIP.jpg

Was feeding the squirrels today.

We'll, it's been almost a solid month of EDC and I don't foresee anything kicking the mighty peanut out of my watch pocket

Any suggestions for a good knockaround cheap peanut? I worry about losing mine and want to pick up a cheap backup for work and other nastiness.

How cheap? You can get a Tan Caliber peanut for cheap. The brown delrin scaled one isn't a lot either. But if you're looking for really inexpensive, I picked up a few of the Rough Rider peanuts. They're really not bad knives. And they're at or under $10 shipped, last time I looked. I also have the tan caliber peanut and a brown scaled one. I sometimes carry the Rough Rider as a "loaner" knife. I've also given a couple away at the time someone asks to borrow a knife. I simply ask, "Did you forget yours?" If they answer, "No, I don't have one." I just hand them the RR and say, "Well, now you do." One was given to an older gentleman that said he'd just lost his and the other was given to a co-worker who came back later saying that they had no idea how handy it was having a knife. Followed by, "Will you sharpen it?" Eventually I hope to show him how to sharpen it, but in the meantime I took care of it for him.

Haunt the junk malls, I've seen some peanuts that have been well used with either oversharpened blades or practically no pull. I sharpened one and gave it to my dad, and he promptly lost it to the land of lost socks and change.

Prayers and good thoughts please, I lost my single blade damascus nut, it was a gift from Duane. Found a hole in my pocket, and it got out. I hope it fell out outside, or in my truck, I didn't notice until just now. I say outside the house because I have a puppy that gives everything the taste test, and he would gobble it and get sick, or chew on it and get sick. It is my hope that if it was inside, he didn't even see it. I'm going back out to my truck on break, hopefully I find it. I've lost peanuts before, but I never had to worry about one year old labs that eat everything, and I mean everything!

Prayers and good thoughts please, I lost my single blade damascus nut, it was a gift from Duane. Found a hole in my pocket, and it got out. I hope it fell out outside, or in my truck, I didn't notice until just now. I say outside the house because I have a puppy that gives everything the taste test, and he would gobble it and get sick, or chew on it and get sick. It is my hope that if it was inside, he didn't even see it. I'm going back out to my truck on break, hopefully I find it. I've lost peanuts before, but I never had to worry about one year old labs that eat everything, and I mean everything!

Oh, man. Sorry to hear that! Are you going to follow the puppy around with a metal detector? If you know what I mean? It might just get the best patina ever that way. Like that civet cat coffee I read about. :p

Seriously, I sure hope it turns up soon.

Oh, man. Sorry to hear that! Are you going to follow the puppy around with a metal detector? If you know what I mean? It might just get the best patina ever that way. Like that civet cat coffee I read about. :p

Seriously, I sure hope it turns up soon.

I was thinking the exact same thing Rachel! You said it more eloquently. :cool:

Ha! Yeah, I'm guessing that that patina wouldn't be too popular.

I found it on break. Whew!

So happy you found it. My heart fell just reading your post above. Last fall i had my yellow Peanut tumble out of my pants pocket as i was undressing at the end of the day. A few minutes later i went to look for it and it was GONE!! I was frantic!!! I looked all over, called the location where I'd been earlier and asked them to look for me. Nothing!!!

I never gave up though and continued to look - a sick feeling in my gut to have lost The Precious!!!! How could this happen?? I'm always so careful with it and frequently pat my pocket to check on it throughout the day!

Finally after an hour or two I looked for about the 10th time in my bedroom and there it was!! It had bounced on the carpet and tumbled out of plain sight under an object about 5 feet from where I'd undressed. Hooray!!! Jumping for joy would be an understatement. :thumbup:

Glad you found it Dan!

Sometimes they can be like the One Ring. If you don't succumb to their power and influence fully, they get jealous.

Back