Cult of the peanut , members

Beautiful 'nut!!

I actually think the bone is better a little too light than dark, dye wise. I like the way it fades to a lighter shade out toward the ends, and lets you see down into the bone texture a bit. They did a very good job on that one.:thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, i agree with this, I like the contrast better.
Congrats on a fine nut.

I knew when i sold my Case knives that i had kept the chestnut bone "nut" , but i forgot i kept a few more, just found them today so here is my entire Case collection.

1klBzUF.jpg

I knew when i sold my Case knives that i had kept the chestnut bone "nut" , but i forgot i kept a few more, just found them today so here is my entire Case collection.

1klBzUF.jpg
That's a "knice" collection you've got there.

Well, it's been almost a week since I got my peanut and I've had it in my pocket ever since. I usually keep a small fixed blade on my belt for heavy duty cutting at work but I've used my peanut 95% of the time. It's developing a nice little patina as well. I've used it for cutting my apple at lunch, a couple oranges and to spread mustard on m sandwich Sunday at church. I only have one complaint that I can think of. The blade has a slight warp to it which makes it difficult to sharpen on bench stones to level I usually take my edges to. But I've been able to get it pretty close to scary sharp with my Shapmaker so I think I can live with it.

Last edited:
Guys, I would like to send a pic to someone because I can't host them on my phone. Tapatalk won't let me. It is my daily EDC. My damascus nut, my flashlight and my medicine bundle. I never go anywhere without them.

Darth Vanadium

Grand High Muckba

Oh yeah, check out the Cult of the Peanut group on Facebook. Membership is open to those with a peanut.

Guys, I would like to send a pic to someone because I can't host them on my phone. Tapatalk won't let me. It is my daily EDC. My damascus nut, my flashlight and my medicine bundle. I never go anywhere without them.

Darth Vanadium

Grand High Muckba

Oh yeah, check out the Cult of the Peanut group on Facebook. Membership is open to those with a peanut.

You can email them to me if you like.

I was just wondering where would be the best place to find a chesnut bone in cv?

In my signature line is a link to a list knife dealers who have BladeForums dealer memberships. Several of them carry Case knives.

I was one of those that questioned the Peanut. It's just too small. How much can that little blade cut? Can I even fit 2 fingers on it?!?!?!

Well, I won Maverick299's GAW and one of the knives that I received was a Peanut. I've only played with it one day, but this little thing is awesome. So much so, that I'm contemplating ordering two more. Here's my entry into the Cult of the Peanut...

image-79.jpg

I've been carrying this green one recently, along with my Vic Cadet:

Pocket Worn Bermuda Green, stainless steel blades.

The welcoming committe is really driving the numbers crunchers nuts. All of these expense reports coming in, keeping that little jalopy running is an ordeal in and of itself. They didn't want a full size Suburban, took it as an affront really. "We make do, Dan" was their response ;)...

I knew I shouldn't've told them where all of those carry outs and dives were. I've seen some peanuts in the archives with bbq sauce inside the handles, something about a trip to Lisbon. Portugal maybe?

I just remembered I need to post some pics of Excalibur and Anduril.

Darth Vanadium, Grand High Muckba of the Cult, still trying to find out how the welcoming committe does it!

The welcoming committe is really driving the numbers crunchers nuts. All of these expense reports coming in, keeping that little jalopy running is an ordeal in and of itself. They didn't want a full size Suburban, took it as an affront really. "We make do, Dan" was their response ;)...

I knew I shouldn't've told them where all of those carry outs and dives were. I've seen some peanuts in the archives with bbq sauce inside the handles, something about a trip to Lisbon. Portugal maybe?

I just remembered I need to post some pics of Excalibur and Anduril.

Darth Vanadium, Grand High Muckba of the Cult, still trying to find out how the welcoming committe does it!

Thanks for the report. It all just seems to come together!

I've decided that my blades need proper names. I've taken two of my favorite swords, and named two of my favorite blades after them. Carl's gift shall be named Excalibur, Hard Breach I believe, in the Gaelic tongue. Sitflyers gift shall be Anduril, Flame of the West. I live in the northwestern most tip of Harford County in MD, so I'll take that.

Pretty cunning, dont'cha think?

Darth Vanadium, the man they call Dan

Grand High Muckba conquering Facebook

XoWeS6G.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been wanting to join this cult, but had no peanut. So this morning, while cleaning out a desk drawer, this little dude appeared. I think I bought it 25 years ago... so long ago that I had forgotten it. So does this qualify me?

Check this out, I forgot I had this. It's a Sabre brand peanut size stockman. Here it is alongside my chestnut peanut for a size comparison

XoWeS6G.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been wanting to join this cult, but had no peanut. So this morning, while cleaning out a desk drawer, this little dude appeared. I think I bought it 25 years ago... so long ago that I had forgotten it. So does this qualify me?

It looks like Old Timer's version of the Peanut to me. What's the overall length? It if it's 3" or less I believe it's good to go. Dan will bless your application when he comes around later :)

Congrats on find that old classic! :thumbup:

Back