Cult of the Texas Jack; why should the peaNUTS get all the glory

I don't know hoe I didn't find this thread sooner.
20220617_110219.jpg
I've probably posted mine to death over the past 4 ( I think) years, but it's one of my favorite knives and I don't think anyone minds too much.

Yes I am somebody who disliked the funky secondary and felt the need to modify mine.

I mean I ADORE the pen blade on the jack...
But that's still pretty spiffy mod there
I definitely prefer it more this way, but would rather have a factory sheeps foot blade because the blade came out a bit small.
Case could very easily offer this configuration too.
They have the 62032 Texas Jack and the 63032 stockman , and whether you look at it as a 63032 minus the pen blade or a 62032 with a secondary swap there's no reason they couldn't easily do it.

I do find it more useful with the sheeps foot blade, but the real reason I modified it is because I didn't like the weird shape they went with.
If it was a standard pen shape I'd have left it alone.

Last edited:
All my early pictures in this thread were destroyed when HUNT101 (my old hosting site) went defunct. Going to start over because I like these serpentine jacks. An Old Cutler #523, 4” Texas Jack. The Old Cutler line was the Colonial Knife Co. competitor to the very popular Old Timer line by Schrade. OH
Colonial_523_-_Old_Cutler_Texas_Jack.jpg

I would love for case to make a large Texas Jack

All my early pictures in this thread were destroyed when HUNT101 (my old hosting site) went defunct. Going to start over because I like these serpentine jacks. An Old Cutler #523, 4” Texas Jack. The Old Cutler line was the Colonial Knife Co. competitor to the very popular Old Timer line by Schrade. OH
Colonial_523_-_Old_Cutler_Texas_Jack.jpg
I really love that jigging. I had a Colonial ranger stockman with the same jigging.
They were probably the same scales as this, but they were a lot darker.
Still better looking than the most common black saw cut ( not that it looks bad ) but not quite as nice looking as this one.

4”-4.5”

I know they made one. They seem difficult to find.

Ide like them to take the bose premium stockman and turn it into a texas jack. Even if it was a “Bose collab”, ide buy it.

Texas Jacks are tops in my book and I've amassed a few of them. Here's a regularly carried user that is aging gracefully...
wipe9Gn.jpg

...and a safe queen. Both are the 32 frame, my size preference.
VC42kl4.jpg

IMO the unusual pen blade is one of Case Texas Jacks best selling points. :cool:

An Old Red Case Select medium Texas Jack from (iirc) 2008 in what I would call a Winterbottom style bone handle with a cool shield. I gave this one to my boss as a memento after our sales team won a major company recognition - he was thrilled. OH
Case_62032_Medium_Texas_Jack.jpg

I've actually had my Texas jack in my pocket most of the week.

An 08 half whittler in my left pants pocket, a 11031SH in my left vest pocket, and the 62032 in my right vest pocket.
I didn't use it this week though because I didn't actually intend to carry it, I had it out to sharpen then dropped it into my vest pocket and forgot about it.

It will be my pocket knife of choice for next week.

Back