Curious

Really like the look of this, I personally like a nice bit of swell and thickness on the handle for comfort. Any idea on what type of steel you might use ?

Really like the look of this, I personally like a nice bit of swell and thickness on the handle for comfort. Any idea on what type of steel you might use ?
Posted a lot up in this thread about this build... Check it out when you have time!

Thinking about going with CPM cruwear.

Here's some final renders although I changed a couple of things slightly for handle comfort
i-3fpTmBb-X3.png
i-z3nmfCF-X3.png

Well that's going to be more in the future probably... but for now, I'm making a few of these small fixed blades for a buddy (knife for him and some of his family members influenced by another knifemaker's design), 2.5" blade

i-5XPFL7C-1903x1070.jpg

And 4 of these paring knives, 2 are for family but I was gonna see how the other's did selling to feel out the market and see if I should make more (4.5" blade)

i-GmS4zqV-1903x1070.jpg

They are already laser cut, just waiting to get a batch of BM 940 reblades in M390 milled on the outer rim before I get everything back. (note: I have a license from Spyderco for the spydie hole)

i-DdFCRhm-X2.jpg

Other than that I'm trying to find time to get a design dialed in for a collab one off fixed blade w/ a friend (pterodactyl knives), here are a few of the design ideas, lmk what you guys think. just some quick sketches

i-6RjBN2D.jpg
i-qLS2vJq.jpg
i-txZZt9X.jpg
i-TzkVPWj.jpg

I was just looking over all the posts again and saw the first image for the smaller fixed blade ... I really like that design ... I was imagining the blade stretch to 3.5" ... it would make a great little hunting knife at 3.3" to 3.75" ... I think the handle on it looks very comfortable for that use.

Was just a thought while I was looking through things.

I was just looking over all the posts again and saw the first image for the smaller fixed blade ... I really like that design ... I was imagining the blade stretch to 3.5" ... it would make a great little hunting knife at 3.3" to 3.75" ... I think the handle on it looks very comfortable for that use.

Was just a thought while I was looking through things.
Yeah it's a sweet little knife... A friend just wanted some for his family :D

Back