1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  4. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Current Ebay Flipper

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by draggat, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I actually don't profit from knife sales, but don't require/expect that of others. My problem isn't with the flipping, though that won't endear you to many. My problem is with the fringe stuff-others photo's & text and misleading descriptions. I think you need to clean that area up.

2. hose56

hose56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009

Basically I just purchase here on occasion. Been collecting and selling for over 30 years.

3. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
    From your postings in this thread, it seems that you had a positive transaction with the member in question, glad to hear. However this doesn't diminish the issues at hand.

4. Boru13

Apr 25, 2000
    You would do well to stay out of this part of the conversation.

bbk357 and woodysone like this.
  5. steelnut

steelnut Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    To tell you the truth I don't know this guy, But I hate a dog pile.
    That's why I quit posting here.
    This guy cut and pasted some half ass shit together,
    Not maliciously trying to rip people off, just lazy.
    Most of this thread is absolute bullshit and gives us all a black eye.
    Like some fight over at a knitting forum....

I posted my positive result because he contacted me and said He made a mistake,
    Not the act of a thief.

Barrettboy likes this.
  6. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Cut and paste mistakes are one thing, but Ebay makes you use a dialog box to select condition. You had to choose to list an item as new when you knowingly bought it here used. You have too many repeat mistakes for them to truly be mistakes.

moshow9, jux t, bbk357 and 3 others like this.
  7. JohnWE

JohnWE Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Hmmm..." best way to convey accurate info..." I bet you don't even see the irony do you?

Your so-called best way to convey accuracy has you listing yourself as a dealer, has knives you purchased used being described as new. Might want to rethink your sales strategy, some people might think you're being dishonest when you knowingly publish lies. I mean when you accurately convey information...per your own definition.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Barrettboy and woodysone like this.
  8. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    As of right now, item # 273861340837 still claims you are an authorized dealer and bought the knife directly from GEC. This is false. You also still have used knives that you purchased here listed as new.

This constitutes fraud and I have reported your sham auctions to eBay for what it’s worth.

hamsco, moshow9, bbk357 and 2 others like this.
  9. MP95B20

MP95B20 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2018
    I agree, hopefully all cleared up, I used one guys pics accidentally and removed them as soon as possible, I don't offer misleading info, if i had been i wouldn't have any business, Thanks again,Mac

10. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Wow... Old guy derails a thread, and brings a spit storm down on himself by being obnoxious. He makes a bunch of threats of physical violence toward another bunch of old guys from the comfort of his own home. We've got moderators trolling users, and trolling each other.

It's like being on a guitar forum. :cool:

11. JohnWE

JohnWE Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 7, 2013
    I'm not that old...;^)

Vaporstang, woodysone and dsutton24 like this.
  12. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    And not only an apologist but look who "liked" his apology.

13. steelnut

Jan 9, 2007
    You seem to be trying to say something witty, but are having trouble mastering the BF controls, keep trying...

14. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Yeah it looks like I missed the reply button. If that's all you've got......

15. steelnut

Jan 9, 2007
    I'm Game Joe,
    How did this crafty mastermind screw you over?

16. Boru13

Apr 25, 2000
    Thread closed... @MP95B20 is no longer with us.

After discussing this issue with another Super Mod, it's been determined that BF's would be better off without this member.

Repeatedly posting inaccurate descriptions on another site, claiming to be an authorized Dealer on another site when you're not... does have its consequences.

Below is from BF's Exchange/Site rules.

SECTION 3 - Rules for Everyone -

6. These forums operate on honesty and integrity. As such, we have a dim view of people who act dishonestly. Your actions in the community have consequences, even if they happen elsewhere, something to keep in mind.

Hivoltage, HEMI 49, Quiet and 52 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.