1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 49 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Prize Pack , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Custom axe handle

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by deltablade, Nov 4, 2019.

1. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I've been drooling over the handles on Thrane Axe & Sawmilling web site. Any experience with them?

ithinkverydeeply likes this.
  2. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    I think it’s wild that if you buy a custom restored axe from them. They just pick the axe head “at random from their collection”. Crazy, you don’t even know what you’ll get?! An unmarked head or something?..

A17 likes this.
  3. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
  4. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I am thinking of their handles, specifically. I have a Keen Kutter head coming to me, and apart from making my own from scratch/lumber, I am looking for some select material for shaping my own handle.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Fmont, A17, ithinkverydeeply and 2 others like this.
  5. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    It’s cool that they sell blanks!

Fmont likes this.
  6. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
  7. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    @Agent_H will know better than I but I think it’s a relatively recent collaboration. Their Lamaca axes are sweet lookin’!
    https://lamacaaxes.com/pages/about-us

Square_peg and Yankee Josh like this.