• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Knife Lanyards ~ From an 8 yr Old

Hey Gang, My 8 year old Daughter Katie
KatiePic.jpg

came and asked me about an Allowance. :confused: Rather than just give her the money Mom and I decided to find something that she could do to earn it (rather than scooping out the Cat Potty).

Katie said she could try and tie a lanyard for me if Mom showed her a Macrame knot. Mom used the Lighter to seal the ends for her....well it turned out OK.. :eek:..... but then she said whe wanted to make another to sell.

I explained to her that if any she made any that did sell I would give her the money..... well to make a long story short I bought her a book and she made a few and sell they did - so fast that Mom and I decided to use this as an Economics lesson for her - 50% of what she makes goes into the Bank (after Expenses of course) and the rest is for her to spend.

We started on another forum and Katie is having a blast and has already purchased a Stuffed Animal for her Brother and some Doll Clothes for her - as well as a nice chunk into her Bank account for school.

Katie got very good at the Spiral and Flat lanyards;
MoreLanyards1.jpg

Recently she wanted to try her hand at a couple of other kinds of Knots in her Book. She tried the Square knot but they were a bit too difficult ~ however we came up with another neat idea that Katie can do that is an offshoot of the Flat lanyard that she has learned to do so well - it is a Custom Paracord Bracelet.
KatiesBracelets.jpg

She made one for herself, one for her Brother and one for me and they are holding up well!

Also, Katie tried the Square Sinnet knots and couldn't quite do them.. so she has hired Mom to make those... ~ Yep, Katie now has an Employee! So here are some that Mom has made (and Katie does the QC on them). :thumbup:
MoreLanyardsSquare.jpg

One of the Black ones pictured (the short stubby one) has an extra large Lanyard Loop and we left the 7 Strands inside on this one (which we don't normally do) Mom can make it differently, that one was just a "learning project".

Since we had requests for so many different colors we ordered at least one hank of each and so now we have lots of colors available; (here is a pic of Katie's little card she made to show the colors)
Lanyard-Colors.jpg

Katie even has some Pink Polymer clasps if anyone wants a Bracelet for their Daughter, Wife or Girlfriend.

The Lanyards are $5 Shipped - your choice of color(s). The Paracord Bracelets are $14 Shipped - your choice of color(s).
Shipping is via USPS in a padded envelope.

References available upon request. :D

Thanks and if you have any special requests just let us know.

hillbillenigma [at] charter (dot) net

Last edited:
Good for her.

I'll take 1 neon orange/neon yellow and 1 electric blue/silver flat lanyard. PM me with payment details.

UPDATE
---------------
Order Ready to ship for;
RONIN21

Up next are;
garciajr
tonym

Katie is still taking Orders plus she has a New Style of Lanyard - a combination of the Spiral and Flat, called the Sp-Lat - :D Still just $5 Shipped
IMG_3292.jpg

Thanks to all.

Hillbillenigma,

Have you thought about adding a "Kelly" green, "Shamrock" green, "British Racing" green, or maybe even a Neon green to the color lineup? It would really open up the color combination options a bit.

I probably would have chosen some combination with green in it if it was available. Ah well, there's always the NEXT order, lol!

I just got my lanyards from Katie and they are top Notch!
Thanks Katie! I will post pictures later this weekend.
garciajr

Just got my Bracelet today! Outstanding work, it will be on my wrist for all my outdoors escapades.

Tell Katie she did a wonderful job, and I thank her!!!!

FINALLY got my para-cord shipping confirmation.
As soon as it get's here. I'll send the Coyote and Khaki to you.

Thanx for waiting,
Pete

I received my 5 lanyards and they are exactly what I expected. Please let Katie know what a GREAT job she did.

Thanks Katie !!!

Hey guys, just getting around to posting a photo of one of two lanyards that I ordered from Katie. They are top notch. Thank you again.

Roger Garcia
aka: garciajr

XM18Blue.jpg

Thanks to all that have purchased these from Katie and the great words of encouragment (as well as the pics)!

We have added a bit onto the educational aspect of this project, we bought a huge United States Map and put it on a large Framed Cork board so that now Katie can locate and mark each City where she sends Lanyards or Bracelets. :D This will hopefully help her with some Geography as well as teaching her how vast the US really is and she is part of something larger than our small town.

The turnaround time on Katie's Orders has temporarily dropped to about 5 days (which I suspect won't last long) so if you want a nice Lanyard quick now is your chance.

Thanks again to BF and all the great folks who have shared in this project.

Back