Custom Lime Cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

H0kieengineer

Gold Member
Would someone hook me up with a maker, preferably a BF member, who could make a custom line cutter for me? I would like to get it in LC200N/ZFiNit since it will be a bar tending knife and I might not always be able to clean it immediately after use.

Would someone hook me up with a maker, preferably a BF member, who could make a custom line cutter for me? I would like to get it in LC200N/ZFiNit since it will be a bar tending knife and I might not always be able to clean it immediately after use.
Have you checked the knifemakers for sale section yet? You could probably find a style you like and contact the maker directly

Not sure either maker recommended thus far in the thread works with the steels specified by the OP; but it's worth a shot.
Haven't seen nighthaxan post anything in quite a while...never got around to asking about a sterile lime cutter.

Not sure either maker recommended thus far in the thread works with the steels specified by the OP; but it's worth a shot.
Haven't seen nighthaxan post anything in quite a while...never got around to asking about a sterile lime cutter.
I guess it doesn’t have to be LC200N. Any good stainless would do just fine, citric acid isn’t too bad really

I could be wrong, but I think nighthaxan of Suwannee River Knives is the guy who actually came up with the Limecutter, the one with the wharncliffe/sheepsfoot blade. He made a lot of them, mostly in 1095, but I bet he could run up a stainless one just fine. Drop him a line, his prices are quite reasonable.

Another good alternative would be a titanium knife....100% corrosion resistant, and combined with a properly carbidized edge they perform quite well....I know a guy too:)
29415639_1843384859298987_3133997220248944640_n.jpg

I picked this up on the knifemaker's market, fixed blades exchange forum a few years ago; "Thin Beta Ti Mini Cleaver". 6 - 1/2" LOA, 3 - 1/4 inch, 1/8" thick convexed titanium. Black deer leather wrapped handle, and matching soft deer-covered sheath.lSxZ1Md.jpg pXawCHz.jpg a4Y41Fw.jpg

good ideas... but I have to suggest the low cost option; kershaw leek in 14c28n - it's quite good at stain resistance, extremely slicey, and won't hurt (much) if lost/stolen

(I only add this since others have already suggested custom makers)

please post pics when you do get one ; )

The first thing I cut with my serrated Spyderco salt 2 was a lemon for the battered walleye.

The second thing was a steak, to complete the surf 'n turf!

Just wiped it on a napkin after and put it away.

Amazing feeling for a knife guy not to have to care about taking care of his implements.

Basically... You get to pretend like you're every housewife and backyard BBQ'er...

Use it... Leave it in the sink for 3 days... Then put it in the dishwasher with steam cycle... Then let it soak for 2 days. LOL

Last edited:
good ideas... but I have to suggest the low cost option; kershaw leek in 14c28n - it's quite good at stain resistance, extremely slicey, and won't hurt (much) if lost/stolen
Don’t want it to be a folder and a point is not needed. The Leek is a great knife, just not want I want in this case.

The first think I cut with my serrated Spyderco salt 2 was a lemon for the battered walleye.

The second thing was a steak, to complete the surf 'n turf!

Just wiped it on a napkin after and put it away.

Amazing feeling for a knife guy not to have to care about taking care of his implements.

Basically... You get to pretend like you're every housewife and backyard BBQ'er...

Use it... Leave it in the sink for 3 days... Then put it in the dishwasher with steam cycle... Then let it soak for 2 days. LOL
I have a Pacific Salt and love it.

I hope I was clear, but I’m trying to give business to a BF maker to make a custom/semi custom knife. There are tons of very good production knives that will do the job, but that’s not what am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back