1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Custom Lime Cutter

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by H0kieengineer, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H0kieengineer

H0kieengineer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Would someone hook me up with a maker, preferably a BF member, who could make a custom line cutter for me? I would like to get it in LC200N/ZFiNit since it will be a bar tending knife and I might not always be able to clean it immediately after use.

2. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Have you checked the knifemakers for sale section yet? You could probably find a style you like and contact the maker directly

3. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
  4. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    What is a custom line cutter? Cutting what kind of line?

5. coinbuysell

coinbuysell Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2014
    I have a sweet stretch lime cutter from @nighthaxan ...those were his specialty so hit him up.

6. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Not sure either maker recommended thus far in the thread works with the steels specified by the OP; but it's worth a shot.
    Haven't seen nighthaxan post anything in quite a while...never got around to asking about a sterile lime cutter.

7. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    ok, is it fishing lines or limes ? :rolleyes:

8. H0kieengineer

Jun 24, 2017
    Limes, oranges, citrus in general

9. H0kieengineer

Jun 24, 2017
    I guess it doesn’t have to be LC200N. Any good stainless would do just fine, citric acid isn’t too bad really

10. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    I could be wrong, but I think nighthaxan of Suwannee River Knives is the guy who actually came up with the Limecutter, the one with the wharncliffe/sheepsfoot blade. He made a lot of them, mostly in 1095, but I bet he could run up a stainless one just fine. Drop him a line, his prices are quite reasonable.

11. Rival1314

Rival1314 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2012
    Another good alternative would be a titanium knife....100% corrosion resistant, and combined with a properly carbidized edge they perform quite well....I know a guy too:)
    [​IMG]

12. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    @nighthaxan woulg be the OG maker to go to for that, but as others have mentioned he doesn’t seem to be around anymore.

@ShannonSteelLabs works with ZFiNit often and could make you something up based on a pattern/drawing you send him. I am not sure if his books are open though.

13. onekerf

onekerf Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I picked this up on the knifemaker's market, fixed blades exchange forum a few years ago; "Thin Beta Ti Mini Cleaver". 6 - 1/2" LOA, 3 - 1/4 inch, 1/8" thick convexed titanium. Black deer leather wrapped handle, and matching soft deer-covered sheath. lSxZ1Md.jpg pXawCHz.jpg a4Y41Fw.jpg

Mecha, AntDog, dirc and 1 other person like this.
  14. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    good ideas... but I have to suggest the low cost option; kershaw leek in 14c28n - it's quite good at stain resistance, extremely slicey, and won't hurt (much) if lost/stolen

(I only add this since others have already suggested custom makers)

please post pics when you do get one ; )

15. CanadaKnifeGuy

CanadaKnifeGuy Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 27, 2019
    The first thing I cut with my serrated Spyderco salt 2 was a lemon for the battered walleye.

The second thing was a steak, to complete the surf 'n turf!

Just wiped it on a napkin after and put it away.

Amazing feeling for a knife guy not to have to care about taking care of his implements.

Basically... You get to pretend like you're every housewife and backyard BBQ'er...

Use it... Leave it in the sink for 3 days... Then put it in the dishwasher with steam cycle... Then let it soak for 2 days. LOL

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  16. H0kieengineer

Jun 24, 2017
    Don’t want it to be a folder and a point is not needed. The Leek is a great knife, just not want I want in this case.

dirc likes this.
  17. H0kieengineer

Jun 24, 2017
    I have a Pacific Salt and love it.

I hope I was clear, but I’m trying to give business to a BF maker to make a custom/semi custom knife. There are tons of very good production knives that will do the job, but that’s not what am looking for.

GABaus likes this.
  18. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    look at @Horsewright ...his aeb-l is very stainless, tough, and aesthetically top notch imho

(many of his designs are drop points, but I'm reasonably sure he would do wharny styles)

GABaus and Sonnydaze like this.
  19. CanadaKnifeGuy

CanadaKnifeGuy Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Get a small (2.5"-3") cleaver style, for something purpose driven and unique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.