Dagger Ideas?

Kriss would fall under your definition. I thought of the curve bladed daggers. Due to the curve one side would have less cutting edge than the other.

Then there are T sectioned knives which due to the thick spine are better at penetrating armor and quite bad at cutting. Still a dagger to me if I only go by what it was designed for. Maybe even more of a dagger than some thin and wobbly double edged symetric knife.

I am unfamiliar with this design, I will have to do some research

Dirks are daggers as well. According to the limited amount of reading i did it is of Scottish origin and typically wasn't symmetrical in design, blade or otherwise. Sounds like the commonality shared between them all is that they are typically short(ish) and designed for thrusting rather than slashing.

Thanks to everyone for participating in this thread! I am learning a lot!

Something based off of the Battle Shark could be awesome. The Battle Shark has an excellent looking handle for a dagger (should hopefully be able to confirm in hand in "2 weeks")

I'd like to see a smaller Busse dagger, ground on one side only.
No red needed.
rolf

How about a modified Fairbairn–Sykes design? Maybe one with more of a handle?

i would love to see a wide ass gladius style dagger. shot 6-8 inches and wide like hand car

i 2nd the small persian design with an upswept point.
however single edge only please. double edge is such a hassle with knife laws.

I think using the Pork Chop as the base would be great!
Good handle, fuller...it has it all!

Pork%20Chop%202_zpsfcbgjwqj.jpg

although the fuller would probably need to be a bit thinner...I'll let Jerry figure it out...

Last edited:
Good idea, maybe little wider blade lol
But whatever it is, im sure Boss wont disappoint lol

I think using the Pork Chop as the base would be great!
Good handle, fuller...it has it all!

Pork%20Chop%202_zpsfcbgjwqj.jpg

although the fuller would probably need to be a bit thinner...I'll let Jerry figure it out...
Nailed it!
And with a broader 'haft' it can be the basis of the pork chop xl!

Something based off of the Battle Shark could be awesome. The Battle Shark has an excellent looking handle for a dagger

THIS!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BUT... the Force Multiplier V8 looks cool too! Hopefully the FMV8 is just the first of a run of daggers in 2018.;)

Thanks for my favorite kind of butt end Jerry, I wont name it publicly but its a force doubler in my book :D

Back