Damn bunch of enablers you all are

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
I just bought a 102 a couple weeks ago because of you guys, I've been loving it and didn't need another belt knife right now but you guys did it again.
I just ordered a 212 from C&C because of you guys, It seems like a real handy knife.

Still gotta make a good proper left handed sheath for the 102, now I've got the 212 on the way that'll need a sheath.

You guys are lucky I finished most of my Halloween decorating or I'd have some choice words for ya :D

I'll try to get the 102 sheath knocked out after work tomorrow so I can focus on the 212 when it arrives.

"A Damn bunch of enablers you all are"

Ummm ... Your Welcome?

Now that you put it that way I should probably direct this thread more towards Buck themselves, we wouldn't be here and you guys wouldn't be enabling me if they weren't so awesome :D

Buck is seriously the only company I can think of that has released new knives in the past few years that I've actually wanted enough to buy.
I fear once I buy every case model I currently want I'll be done with them until they eventually pull a pattern I want out of the vault, Buck just keeps releasing traditional knives I want and I'm sure they'll continue to do so.

Btw I had a question.

Would I be correct in assuming that because these are an exclusive the blade will be Lazer etched instead of stamped ?
If so I can certainly live with it, but would be much happier with a stamp.

I just bought a 102...I just ordered a 212...

Those are cute knives, but now you need to buy a real knife - a 105, so you can join the Pathfinder Club and cut your fruits and vegetables with one slice. :p:D

Last edited:
Those are cute knives, but now you need to buy a real knife - a 105, so you can join the Pathfinder Club and cut your fruits and vegetables with one slice. :p:D
I find the blade a bit ugly, but it's not to far off from this I suppose.

Unsure about etching 420 steel. Most are stamped.

I just bought a 102 a couple weeks ago because of you guys, I've been loving it and didn't need another belt knife right now but you guys did it again.
I just ordered a 212 from C&C because of you guys, It seems like a real handy knife.

Still gotta make a good proper left handed sheath for the 102, now I've got the 212 on the way that'll need a sheath.

You guys are lucky I finished most of my Halloween decorating or I'd have some choice words for ya :D

I'll try to get the 102 sheath knocked out after work tomorrow so I can focus on the 212 when it arrives.

Oh no! That 102 is exactly what I’ve been looking for recently. Perfect traditional bird trout style knife... the enabled has become the enabler... thanks :) my girlfriend probably has a few choice words for you (and me) now!

Oh no! That 102 is exactly what I’ve been looking for recently. Perfect traditional bird trout style knife... the enabled has become the enabler... thanks :) my girlfriend probably has a few choice words for you (and me) now!

We can all be thankful that Buck doesn't have a referr a friend program :D

Well I actually had time to get a sheath made for the 102 and will be able to focus on a sheath for the 212 whenever it arrives.
Today was just one of those days and I didn't think I was going to be able to get it done today.
With the hour of overtime I had to work because there was so much to do to the searching around town for the bills to be mailed that I accidentally left on the back of the truck on the way to the post office :eek:
I just didn't think it would happen.
Found 4 of the 7 lost, too bad one of them was cash, you can cancel a check but not cash.
I'm just glad the money was lost in an envelope and not by way of loosing my wallet, money comes and goes meaning little but my wallet is irreplaceable having been made by my dad in the scouts over 50 years ago.

Anyways here's the sheath.

It's pretty huge for the size if the knife but that's what you get to accommodate the blade angle.

I made a few choices that Mak probably wouldn't have made with one of his finely crafted sheaths, but hey I'm just a guy who sometimes needs knife sheaths and learned how to make a functional one that sometimes looks decent :D

I went with a sewn in plastic liner which along with the welt stops at the blade, that's what I had to do to accommodate the guard without having a super tight fit.
I could have the loosest fit in the world an my belt knives do not fall out of their sheaths in my daily environment, so I prefer easy draw and re-sheathing.
I just wish I had maybe flared out the top of the liner so I don't have to find it when re-sheating the knife ,but once the leather breaks in and shapes itself to the leather some ( didn't want to set form it ) the blade may find the liner on it's own.

Oh and I had been worried that the " borrowed sheath would have stretched a little and no longer fit my old childhood western, but it still fits just fine.

Last edited:

But but, I just got an email from SKblades, say he has a flash sale going on the 212 this week. Your probably going to need one of them too.
:)

O.B.

Between the two of you, you cost me some money! :D:D:cool: Some D2 steel on order from SKblades:
e1e3a7_9a3dfc8dfbc64b35921a5de378cdd3a9~mv2_d_2048_1536_s_2.webp
e1e3a7_3758f9597de840fe8f1f06b6ddcdc0d0~mv2.webp

Well I actually had time to get a sheath made for the 102 and will be able to focus on a sheath for the 212 whenever it arrives.
Today was just one of those days and I didn't think I was going to be able to get it done today.
With the hour of overtime I had to work because there was so much to do to the searching around town for the bills to be mailed that I accidentally left on the back of the truck on the way to the post office :eek:
I just didn't think it would happen.
Found 4 of the 7 lost, too bad one of them was cash, you can cancel a check but not cash.
I'm just glad the money was lost in an envelope and not by way of loosing my wallet, money comes and goes meaning little but my wallet is irreplaceable having been made by my dad in the scouts over 50 years ago.

Anyways here's the sheath.

It's pretty huge for the size if the knife but that's what you get to accommodate the blade angle.

I made a few choices that Mike probably wouldn't have made with one of his finely crafted sheaths, but hey I'm just a guy who sometimes needs knife sheaths and learned how to make a functional one that sometimes looks decent :D

I went with a sewn in plastic liner which along with the welt stops at the blade, that's what I had to do to accommodate the guard without having a super tight fit.
I could have the loosest fit in the world an my belt knives do not fall out of their sheaths in my daily environment, so I prefer easy draw and re-sheathing.
I just wish I had maybe flared out the top of the liner so I don't have to find it when re-sheating the knife ,but once the leather breaks in and shapes itself to the leather some ( didn't want to set form it ) the blade may find the liner on it's own.

Oh and I had been worried that the " borrowed sheath would have stretched a little and no longer fit my old childhood western, but it still fits just fine.
That sharp point can be hell on a sheath.

Back