Danny's Tarwar

Yangdu

[email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner
Your special Tarwar had arrived here, Danny
Email me your maling address and I will ship the Tarwar via USPS insured priority mail.

Terisa with Danny's Tarwar
8-23-11%20001.jpg

8-23-11%20003.jpg

8-23-11%20004.jpg

Excellent work by Kami

Looks like a gross messer. Or an uber gross messer. :thumbup:

Very nice! Everything is exceptional today. The boss laid down the law, no more Kukris for now or else it wont be a merry Christmas. I can still look. I'd love a closer shot of the handle. I wonder what it cost to make?

Last edited:
It is a messer, but specifically, it is a copy of a hunting messer made in Austria in the late 15th century. I am sending you an email right now, Aunt Yangdu. I hope it makes it!

Specs?

I'm estimating 36" blade, 12 handle, and 3/16 thickness?

A lovely sword. Congrats! Hope you have a great display set up for it.

It's hard to believe that there used to be people able to use swords that imposing effectively in a battle for an extended period. I get tired just thinking about a sword over 3 lbs., not to mention the damage that gravity, inattention, and a sharp edge can cause on one's pink body when exhaustion sets in.

holy heck!
i know what my next special order is !

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't do that Danny! The last thing I need is my interest in historical swords rekindled!

Seriously though, congratulations on an enthusiastic undertaking (getting specs/drawing and having this interpretation/replica made) and a beautiful addition to your collection.

36" blade, 8" handle.
I often perform as a german at renn faires in the spring. This will perfect and complete my costume for the forseeable future.

You don't know the half of it! I followed this sword over the internet as the original collection visited various universities. When it hit Texas Tech, I looked for BF members in the area, asked them to attend the exhibit and take photos of the original for me, which they graciously did!
It was awesome. But I can get a little obsessed, as you can tell.

Nice! I love it when a plan comes together. I bet this one took at least 6 months to come to fruition!

:applouse:

44" OAL would make this the longest HI sword I have seen so far (usually no more than 36" OAL).

The link says the weight of the original is 39oz; I wonder how the HI sword will compare... Either way, the 'Prince' outdid himself on this one.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC