Danny's Tarwar

A lovely sword. Congrats! Hope you have a great display set up for it.

It's hard to believe that there used to be people able to use swords that imposing effectively in a battle for an extended period. I get tired just thinking about a sword over 3 lbs., not to mention the damage that gravity, inattention, and a sharp edge can cause on one's pink body when exhaustion sets in.

There still are such capable people; including yourself. The trick is not to try and swing it around like a tennis pro but let the weight work for you instead.

Nice! I love it when a plan comes together. I bet this one took at least 6 months to come to fruition!

:applouse:
I became obsessed with this Austrian makers' work about two years ago, so it has been much longer than 6 months. At one point, I even became an acquaintance of Peter Johnsson at Albion, who shares my love for this particular smith.

Really nice piece of craftsmanship and design - i like the antique blades i have seen from Austria - i have 3 large (10 and 12 inch edge) axes from Austria made in the early 19 or late 18 hundreds and they are sweet -

was a great idea to have your take on it - i am glad you were able to find someone to make it for you -- especially after wanting it for so long Danny - good for you ! :thumbup:

I tried to stick as close to the museum tracing as possible (Thank you Jeffrey Forgeng at Higgins Armory!)
But I don't expect or ask for NASA-perfect copies from HI.

You need some brigands and highwaymen to test your new blade now. Also, Danny, thank you. Thank you for the sense of style you add to this forum.

Back