Deals for 1/21--Pix Giant Jungle Knife, Chainpuri and awesome buys

Beautiful Sword, thank you for sharing

Man, that chainpuri looks nice. Light enough too.
Makes it hard to wait for--other things
That Chainpuri must be "the Limbuwan" If I remember correctly (dont count on that tho) the Chitlangi were used by the Limbuwan and Rai people in neighboring valleys so I suppose Chainpure could be the same? That Chainpure right there looks just like a Single Fuller Chitlangi. I have a 20" Single fuller Chit and it is one of my favorite knives. I think it was about my third knife from HI. Not a heavy chopper but man are they ever fun in the woods!

OK..I had to go and see how wrong i was from the website:
"In the western part of Makwanpur district of Nepal, by the Chandragiri Mountain range, there is a historical village called Chitlang, presumably whence the name.
The chitlangi is similar to another style of khukuri known as chainpuri (named after a small village in eastern Nepal down in the lowlands where the terrain is jungle mostly). The differences between a Sirupati, Chainpuri, and Chitlangi are subtle. The Sirupati may be slightly beefier and therefore a slightly better performer when it comes to chopping but it would not be by much."

Last edited:
The Giant Jungle Knife is crazy awesome.

The handle is a true thing of beauty and I am very happy to have it living with me. :):thumbsup:

Back