Deals for 6/16--Pix UBE, Ganjawal, Hasiya, Rajkumar Fighting Sword and Awesome buys

EMS on the Purna CAK. I am in so much trouble.... Perhaps someone beat me to it...

I'll take your word for it but I have a hard time believing you given your massive haul a few weeks back.
I wanna be Bigbore577 when I grow up :)

EMS for the "14.5 inch 17 ounce villager fit and finish Hasiya by Kumar."

Fingers crossed.

It was too late for me to get the one pictured, but Yangdu had a second one in stock... payment sent.

Last edited:
CONGRATS Mateos! That UBE absolutely beautiful. Tan sheath way too cool. I drool . . .
Cannot believe someone special ordered and left it orphaned :confused:

I always wanted an UBE, but have never seen one on the forum. Pretty excited.

Also got the DD on the Purna CAK. I can't believe it was still available.

I always wanted an UBE, but have never seen one on the forum. Pretty excited.

Also got the DD on the Purna CAK. I can't believe it was still available.

The Ube is awesome, I have a custom done carved one, Beatiful...

I also would've picked up the Purna CAK if it was still there this morning, so glad you got it!

That's beautiful. You might wanna break out the polish for the brass dude. Your slacken.
Should be gleaming like Bookies gold front tooth.

That's beautiful. You might wanna break out the polish for the brass dude. Your slacken.
Should be gleaming like Bookies gold front tooth.

Yea, I was kinda slacking there...it's all shiny now though, those pics were 2 - 3 years old, and I was going crazy with a 3 - 4 year old daughter (glad that's over) back then.

Now my wife and kid gives me alone time in my garage man cave for short spells so I can play with knives and stuff...:D

Yea, I was kinda slacking there...it's all shiny now though, those pics were 2 - 3 years old, and I was going crazy with a 3 - 4 year old daughter (glad that's over) back then.

Now my wife and kid gives me alone time in my garage man cave for short spells so I can play with knives and stuff...:D

It's a beauty, nothing that five minutes and a little Flitz won't take care of. I bought a few blems from Auntie some weeks back. In my profectionist fashion I took them to the buffing machine. Being thoughtfully overly familiar I let my guard down for a moment and that was enough. The wheel grabbed the piece in such a manner my hand and arm are purple half way to my elbow. My hand is twice the size as the other. Nothing seems broken. Besides enduring the throbbing I relish in the fact with my stupidity, it could have been far worse.

I've had a close call more than once with a buffer and a big knife or even a small knife.

I'm plumb respectful and avoid the power buffer whenever possible. I just got a little Podunk one too. A big real one would plumb put the hurt on ya in a nano of a second.

Even worse is my little piece of junk bench top table saw. I used it regularly in my younger days of construction, never a problem. Now days it seems every time I hit the on switch I get hurt. Not sure but I think Bookie might have put a voodoo curse on it or something.

My Hawaiian good luck sign finger on my right hand is still not right and it's been a few years since that incident.

I've had a close call more than once with a buffer and a big knife or even a small knife.

I'm plumb respectful and avoid the power buffer whenever possible. I just got a little Podunk one too. A big real one would plumb put the hurt on ya in a nano of a second.

Even worse is my little piece of junk bench top table saw. I used it regularly in my younger days of construction, never a problem. Now days it seems every time I hit the on switch I get hurt. Not sure but I think Bookie might have put a voodoo curse on it or something.

My Hawaiian good luck sign finger on my right hand is still not right and it's been a few years since that incident.

The sad part is when you know better and do it anyway. I'll be kicking myself in the rear for awhile. It could have been far worse. It was a 20" AK by Dil. I can imagine my wife's return, opening the garage door finding me harpooned or bled out.

Last edited:
The buffer: the most dangerous tool in the shop. People are usually super-careful around table saws and other power cutters, but the buffer just lies in wait for you like a crocodile hiding at the water's edge.

Amen to that brother david. I've read of pros getting harpooned and dying.

I kind of break out in chills just thinking about it.

Back