Decisions decisions

For everyone's FYI on the REK-ground swedges: I asked Josh to grind the Field Knife swedges based off the EDC3 milled swedge like what Gus posted above. The swedge on the FK2 in the above picture is a ground swedge, but I'm going to guess it will be very close to what Nathan will offer as a milled swedge on the preorder FK2s, and that picture is likely as close a representative as we're going to find of what a CPK swedge is going to look like on the new run. That is just my guess and opinion, so I'll leave it to Nathan to expound on the milled swedges if he wishes.

My opinion on whether to add a swedge or not: If you want to pierce or slice inverted, like in zip cuts where you're splitting leg hide on deer, they're awesome. If you intend to beat the snot out of the tip by batoning larger material, I'd vote no.

I agree Dave, I think your swedged FKs are probably the best examples of what the milled UF swedge will look like. And they look pretty nice! :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
Man - sexytime on that swedge! :thumbsup:

I was really torn on this thin version. If it was thinner stock I’d be sold. But the standard edge thickness cuts really well. I’m not swayed to give up the versatility/durability on this model when it already performs so well.

But...I do like thin edges. If I didn’t already have some 4V in much thinner stock I’d probably have to try it...so I understand the dilemma!

Back