Dedicated BK16 Photo Thread

I've got enough spare scales that I need to experiment with some stippling.

14718C47-11F8-41EF-B6E4-8959DCF49AD8_zpsomphuabj.jpg

Oh why did I have to find this thread...So many cool knives...now I am trying to stay off Amazon...710 sheaths....and TKC...

I think you guys just cost me some money.

Anyways hello from California.

Matt

Welcome!

I stumbled into this subforum just looking for a good 'field knife'. Now I've got 10 of them. ;)

Enjoy your stay!

Reoiled and rubbed out the scales. The Wharncliffe now has a 800 grit satin finish and straight grained black walnut scales with brass pins. The Wharncliffe is very comfortable in my hand.

Last edited:
Thanks gsom, I appreciate the kind words coming from a fellow Becker enthusiast and craftsman..

Had this less than a week. I was able to do some pipming the past couple of days. Found green plastic plates at the thrift store for a quarter each! Got all 4 lol. Got some work for it to do. Just pulled these twisty trees out if the woods this evening.

Had this less than a week. I was able to do some pipming the past couple of days. Found green plastic plates at the thrift store for a quarter each! Got all 4 lol. Got some work for it to do. Just pulled these twisty trees out if the woods this evening.

They look good mate, did you just outline then cut? And what with craft knife/scalpel or scissors? And finally any sanding of the plastic. Sorry for the interrogation but I'm gonna do this as well - nice finish.

I just got this one in today. Stripped it and I have it soaking in some apple cider vinegar.

image.jpg

Last edited:

That is one fine lookin' 16! Almost a pity to use it, almost...

They look good mate, did you just outline then cut? And what with craft knife/scalpel or scissors? And finally any sanding of the plastic. Sorry for the interrogation but I'm gonna do this as well - nice finish.

Thanks!
Might should just do a write up but i didnt take pics. I cut a rectangular piece out of the plate then drilled a screw hole and screwed the scales down into the one hole, then did the middle and then last, insterting and tightening the screws as I went to ensure they were in line. Then I used my old timer 165ot, a razor knife would work too. Cut along the scales then sanded down tight with 80 grit. Removed the liner and sanded all the edges because there was a lip all around. Then did the next 3. I could only do one at a time. I tried more but it was just too hard to cut right. Machinery would've made it a 10min job I'm sure but I don't have it and it wouldn't work on the couch in my lap over a towel lol. I used the spare set if scales for shaping then put the liners under the new ones on the knife. Also used 8-32x3/4" screws and #8 cap nuts. They stick out but they're smooth and I don't notice.

Guess I'll post the pre-modded one I just got in this thread:

DownloadedFile-11_zpshphbrtay.jpeg

DownloadedFile-10_zpswdlpbr5p.jpeg

DownloadedFile-9_zpskmlqpqdg.jpeg

DownloadedFile-8_zpsistkgstu.jpeg

DownloadedFile-6_zpsionlx1dv.jpeg

I didn't do any of this work but couldn't pass on the offer.
The mods were very well done and about the only thing I'd change is getting some stainless hardware.

Back