• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Deep carry / low ride titanium clips for Spyderco - Delica, PM2, Manix, etc. - Run #3

5cfNQ1Bl.jpg
ZxQS2wxl.jpg

Thanks again everyone for your patience waiting on these. I really appreciate all the support the community here has given me.

These are a continuation of the clips posted here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ives-Delica-PM2-Manix-etc?highlight=casey+pm2

They're made of grade 5 6AL-4V titanium, .040" thick, sandwashed, and hand formed one at a time. They'll fit any Spyderco with the common 3-hole pattern - so knives like the Delica, Endura, PM2, Police, Stretch, Domino, Gayle Bradley, Manix, Chockwe, Native, Yojimbo, Salt, Szabo, etc.

There are 2 length options: the 'original' shorter length (on the PM2 above, standard sand wash), and a longer 'leg' (shown on the Delica, standard sand wash) for FRN-handled knives like the Endura, Stretch, etc. The pinch point on the longer version hits on the smooth Spyderco logo, just like the OEM clip. This long clip is also better for knives like the Domino, where the pinch point is a specific area on the scale (to miss a lockbar cutout or relief).
The shorter length (in my opinion) works better than the long version on knives with non-FRN handles like the PM2, Police, Galye Bradley, etc. There is less surface area to catch on seatbelts, countertops, branches, etc., and because of it's short length it's a little more rigid, which I like better, but that's only my personal preference.

There are some anodizing options available. I'm still fine-tuning my technique, but I can get variations on blues, purples, bronzes. I can also do fades or gradiations if anyone is interested. Anodization (at least in my experience) isn't super tough, but it holds up fairly well. However, under hard use the ano will scratch and wear.

Black powdercoating is also an option this run. My tester clip has held up well, but I suspect it will eventually start to wear. There are a couple pics below.

I'm working on etching the 'featherlite' logo again, but I'm having some technical problems. The company that makes the etcher is giving me some help, and I'm hoping to have it sorted out in a week or so if anyone is interested in that. I guess titanium is considered pretty difficult to etch/mark by many people, and I am finding that to be true. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it dialed. (The original 'featherlite' logos on the 1st run of clips were laser-etched at a shop, and they needed to raise their prices substantially so I wasn't able to go that route again.)

The clips are $16 ea for either length, with $3 shipping for any amount (international shipping is $7). Sorry for the postage increase. If anyone is interested in anodization, add $2 per clip. The black powdercoat adds $4 per clip, as it's pretty expensive to do in my limited quantities. No cost for the logo (if I can get it sorted out!).

I love seeing pics, so if you don't mind posting a photo take a buck off the price of your clip (or clips).

These are guaranteed for life. If you break it or tweak it or just don't like it, I'll refund your money or send you a new clip. I want everyone to be happy with their purchase, so if there is an issue I'll make it right.

My paypal is thelastleaf@fastmail.fm. In the "Notes" section, make sure to let me know what length you want, if you want any anodization/powdercoat, and your mailing address.

My goal is to get them out in one or two days, but I am catching up with pre-orders, so it may take an extra couple days to get in the mail to you. The black powdercoated clips will take an extra week or so here to start to get them back from the powdercoater.

I've kept all the emails of anyone who has contacted me, so I'll hold on to however many you wanted. If you changed your mind during the wait, no worries, I understand.

Thanks everyone for looking. Email me with any Qs - my goal is to reply same day, or the following day at the latest.

Casey

Last edited:
I'm gonna need a long one for my Domino. Just haven't decided on color. I think a fade or anodize with flame.

Funds sent, whatever you think would look best on a Native 5. Short clip preferably in a darker color.

Thanks!

Tom

These look awesome. I'd like to see the feather logo too. I'm definitely committed to one long black powder coat and one plain short. Would you rather wait for me to send funds if I'm still up in the air about the logo? Is it deep enough to show through a powder coat?

So what's the process Spaceman? I am looking for two shorties for my PM2's. Should I paypal you the funds? Also, a quick question, which color/anodization is best if I am looking for a flat non shiny clip? Thanks!

Hey guys, thanks for your orders! My goal is to get them out tomorrow, Monday at the very latest.

Thanks Mehj - I had a lot of them cut this time so no worries if you want to wait. I'll hold on to a couple. As of right now, the etch doesn't look bad, just too light imo - more light brown than black. I'm supposed to be getting some examples mailed to me from the etcher manufacturer using a different liquid etcher, so that might make it deep enough to show through the powdercoat, but I would doubt it. I'll get some pics up asap. I guess the samples are supposed to be to me next week.

Hey BB - sure, paypal is just great (thelastleaf@fastmail.fm). I would say for flat and non-shiny, the basic sandwashed is your best option. It has a satin finish.

Thanks fellas very much!

Casey

BTW, forgot to include this in my paypal message, but if you think that you will be getting the featherlite logo squared away in the near future I will gladly wait for logo'ed clips. If not, no worries. Thanks

Casey,

Can you please add 2 short sandwashed clips to the 2 long ones I had reserved? I am sending funds over.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hey BB - i just talked to the etching company today - they think a new etch solution is the fix and will be sending me samples. I am hoping to have it straightened out in about a week/week and a half. If you'd like to wait for an etch let me know.

Thanks Chris, got it, I'll get them out to you asap.

Casey

Back