DEK1

That’s no vice sir. I think some notable person had something to say about a man with no vices.

Maybe you should increase your coffee intake.

nice avatar fonedork
0SsDWzr.jpg

Matt,
It’s just that you made me feel guilty-as I am doing 3-4 cups of coffee per day. And, a lot of folks I know still aren’t very pure. That’s life in the big city.

^ getting increasingly excited as the WIP photos get posted :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing. Liking it more and more :thumbsup:

Lorien Lorien just a request while you're working on this sir. If you wouldn't mind checking how you like the way it feels in an inverted grip with your thumb slid up tight to the guard, like in this edc picture below. I work for long amounts of time in such a grip and would be curious if you think this knife will be comfortable to use in that grip with the design of the guard. Some handles are pretty tough on the thumb if it's a tight arch that's built to really secure the blade in hammer grip. So I guess I'm wondering if this might be a little more neutral there than something like the edc guard? Cheers.

rcWcsoR.jpg

thanks man

took awhile to true up the bevels, but we're at 320 grit now. A little plunge cleanup and a tiny bit more draw filing at the top of the bevel and refinishing, and on to the remaining details. I'll finish it at 400 grit then it goes away for heat treatment

mcQle9o.jpg

Lorien Lorien This ^ pic makes it look much less stabby than your previous post. Not sure which is more accurate.

Looking good. What's the blade length again??

Lorien Lorien This ^ pic makes it look much less stabby than your previous post. Not sure which is more accurate.

Looking good. What's the blade length again??
Due to the lighting the tip is shadowed. I tweaked the colors and put a white line to show the tip as clearly as I can. Pardon the poor work, as this was done on my phone, and I don't have the best of photo suites on here.
2018-03-04 11.31.33.jpg

Due to the lighting the tip is shadowed. I tweaked the colors and put a white line to show the tip as clearly as I can. Pardon the poor work, as this was done on my phone, and I don't have the best of photo suites on here.
View attachment 860909

Thx. Well, now we know what the semi-tanto version would look like. :cool:

People fall in love with DEK1 in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of DEK1
Me I fall in love with DEK1 every single day
And I just wanna tell DEK1 I am

Back