DEK1

gotta say, the timing for the release of this knife is curiously interesting to me. The days ahead, well that's kind of what DEK is for. Always there, always ready. It's a vaccine against not having a knife on you

Any chance these can be preordered? Or do we get to compete at 3pm on Fridays? Proxies are very much appreciated (and earn points at The Pearly Gates) but those and exchange offerings require too much luck combined with someone’s goodwill or a lot of $$$.
A preorder would be very nice and orderly:D

Thanks for even making these DEKs a possibility!

Edited to thank CataD for the EDC2 Proxy. It was an unexpected and wonderful thing to do. Thanks CataD:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Any chance these can be preordered? Or do we get to compete at 3pm on Fridays? Proxies are very much appreciated (and earn points at The Pearly Gates) but those and exchange offerings require too much luck combined with someone’s goodwill or a lot of $$$.
A preorder would be very nice and orderly:D

Thanks for even making these DEKs a possibility!

Edited to thank CataD for the EDC2 Proxy. It was an unexpected and wonderful thing to do. Thanks CataD:thumbsup:

This was asked earlier today and Nathan addressed it as best as he could here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/page-180#post-19629400

Seems like the supplies will be very limited because I counted like 110 of them from the pic which Nathan had posted earlier on in the week for the blanks which were going to go to Peter's for HT. Nathan may very well limit these to one per person (if so, I don't know how he may address proxying) when they get ready till this sh*tshow which we are in sorts itself out.

#stillnotnathan

^^^

Based on this pic, 11 rows of 10 knives stacked up:

20200318_095253-jpg.1305079

I’d be happy with “only one” as I’m not a rich collector nor am I a investor flipper. I think we’d be lucky to have just one.
So preorder? Many folks would happily prepay 100% and wait till whenever just to be onboard! Seems like some folks have been holding their breath for a long time knowing how reliable CPK is. It’s easy to put faith in good folks with a good product.

I’d be happy with “only one” as I’m not a rich collector nor am I a investor flipper. I think we’d be lucky to have just one.
So preorder? Many folks would happily prepay 100% and wait till whenever just to be onboard! Seems like some folks have been holding their breath for a long time knowing how reliable CPK is. It’s easy to put faith in good folks with a good product.
Very well said! :thumbsup:

I don't know about doing another pre-order this year. There are a lot of unusual variables that are going to be outside of my control, I might be afraid to make the commitment.

^ Word! Absolute truth. However, his health is a lot more important, in fact crucially imperative for himself and his family. I am not talking about this Coronavirus transmission and contraction, this mess is what it is, but those who know about Nathan know that he worries too much, he overworks and overloads his system and that he sleeps very little.

I can only speak for myself but if he decides to forego any preorders till further notice, I can live with that. If he says, K18s are gonna be delayed for an additional 12 months due to unforeseen circumstances (those which he already stated) I will not flinch an iota. If he says, unless you are an absolute user of my DEK1, do not buy to give my users buy theirs first, as a collector I will absolutely not partake on his Fridays sales to give you guys a chance. In other words, I much prefer him to be happy and healthy for the lovely NinJo and his teenage Kids. Who really cares about a hobby when there are other more pressing matters? Of course I will support CPK for them to keep the lights on but I will submit to Nathan's directives. He's the (junior) Boss :)

I don't know about doing another pre-order this year. There are a lot of unusual variables that are going to be outside of my control, I might be afraid to make the commitment.
this is exactly the kind of out of control situation that puts a point on why preorders can be incredibly risky, in my view

^ Word! Absolute truth. However, his health is a lot more important, in fact crucially imperative for himself and his family. I am not talking about this Coronavirus transmission and contraction, this mess is what it is, but those who know about Nathan know that he worries too much, he overworks and overloads his system and that he sleeps very little.

I can only speak for myself but if he decides to forego any preorders till further notice, I can live with that. If he says, K18s are gonna be delayed for an additional 12 months due to unforeseen circumstances (those which he already stated) I will not flinch an iota. If he says, unless you are an absolute user of my DEK1, do not buy to give my users buy theirs first, as a collector I will absolutely not partake on his Fridays sales to give you guys a chance. In other words, I much prefer him to be happy and healthy for the lovely NinJo and his teenage Kids. Who really cares about a hobby when there are other more pressing matters? Of course I will support CPK for them to keep the lights on but I will submit to Nathan's directives. He's the (junior) Boss :)

I am a regular reader of the CPK forums.
A few rambling late-night thoughts and comments after a week on call:

People commission artists all the time and it just so happens that one of my favorite artists is a machinist.
I don’t want anyone to suffer for their art, however, so whatever keeps Nathan and company happy, healthy, and fulfilled is essential.

The DEK looks like a size/configuration that I could actually EDC (when not in scrubs), so a pre-order would assure me that I could get one timely.
Love my pre-order UFK, which lives in my car — it combines great form and function, so why leave it in a drawer.

I prefer pre-orders because I cannot make it in time for the Friday sales — usually in the hospital/operating room when the rarities/limited editions/REALLY COOL THINGS drop. The K-18 on pre-order is in the really-cool/non-daily carry category; whenever it is ready is fine with me.

Haven’t tried the proxy system yet — haven’t wanted to impose or rely on anyone else but thinking I might have to in order to get a DEK.

Saw some pictures recently — were it an option, I would happily pre-pay and wait 5 years for a commission/pre-order integral from Nathan.

Be well, stay home and stay healthy, wash your hands, and don’t stress — you can only control so much and then you have to have faith.

Back