DEK1

Oops, Lorien posted while I was writing. I would definitely love to snag a leather sheath for the DEK designed by Lorien! :thumbsup::)

I agree with Master Gus. I would love to buy a Lorien designed sheath to complement his DEK1 masterpiece. That knife checks all the boxes of what I like in a fixed blade and nothing I don’t.

Congratulations again to all the lucky winners today. Be sure to post pics and initial thoughts when they arrive.

Phil

I haven’t seen anything about the sheath yet. I’m guessing it’ll probably be a Mashedcat with Teklok. That’ll work.:thumbsup:
Thanks Gus! I’ll second your ‘that’ll work’ :) I’m surprised it hasn’t been discussed ad nauseam already, considering what an important contribution the sheath makes to the utility that can be had from a knife. A knife of this nature is all but pointless, for me personally, if it doesn’t carry well. Like you, I’m confident the carry system will be a winner, but also would damn sure love to see what Lorien Lorien comes up with for his.

If you're talking about a Darn Dao that would be amazing. I know spyderco released one a few years ago but I think they should have made it out of 3V. I mean don't get me wrong it chops pretty good but cpm154 isn't as tough as delta 3V.

If you're not talking about a darn Dao then you should be.

I'd also settle for a Lum saber tip fighter style blade too.

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd expect a small Lum-style tanto to be more likely than an EDC Darn Dao.

I wouldn't mind the stalker blade shape. I went back and read the whole thread from the beginning and I think that blade shape would fit this project pretty well.

I was digging through this thread for DEK1 photos when I saw these dangerously genius posts.

Any of these three Lum designs would be amazing from CPK.

View attachment 1338853 View attachment 1338854 View attachment 1338855 View attachment 1338856

Prototype getting ready to head north to Lorien

It took a while, but the end result is inspired.

When I gleaned at the posted photos at first, I thought that this one was going to be designated for a fun Friday's sale, nevertheless grats to Lorien.

I am very fond of the way which the scales are being done on the EDCDK because I'm a huge fan of your quilted diamond pattern :thumbsup: Well I see that you have infused both the diamond and the scalloped / ribbed pattern but more diamond surface area looks better to me and I hope that you will adapt this exact pattern as you mint all the future fancy scales for the EDCDK.

The first question for Lorien Lorien will have to be, "How does it throw?" :D

Congratulations Nathan & Lorien on another exceptional collaboration! I can't wait to own one some day.

Phil

Obviously I cannot comment directly on the DEK1, but based on my experience having thrown my EDC on occasion, not well.
Due to the “bend” of the handle relative to the blade I would guess it will have a tendency to strike upside down - as in it will twist during the throw and strike with the blade edge up. This happened with both “spin” and “no spin” throws. Very linear designs work better. All that being said, I’m not very good at knife throwing and could be totally off in my guess.

Back