DEK1

Todays mail call
gfCnVUI.jpg

The DEK is thinking that it is going to kick my FK2 out of rotation.
Now I just need a double black with a swedge :D:D
great work guys, Love it!!

ironwagon ironwagon asked me to post this in this thread as well
FK2 and DEK1
The perspective is off but they are both butted up to the 1" mark
l0y18z1.jpg

What's your initial impression compared to the FK2? I honestly don't know which one I will reach for haha

I wonder if the spearpoint-y tip of the DEK1 would make it more bushcrafty. I've never actually owned a bushcraft-specific knife but noticed many of them have spearpoints.

fatfrog fatfrog
I cannot speak to the bushcrafting aspect as it is not in my wheelhouse.
But if I were going to be batoning and pounding on it, I would think FK2 might be the right choice.
I am more of an all purpose hard user, slicing open bags of concrete, cutting water pipe, or cutting pvc straps is what most of knives are exposed to.
My calipers (which haven't been calibrated in some time) showed a .03 difference in blade thickness.
MmZKPyhh.jpg

(no blades touched each other in the graphing of this photo :p)
If were going to stab and pry at something I would more likely reach for the FK2.
The DEK feels more slicey and nimble, I can definitely see myself gutting a deer with it.

I absolutely LOVE the handle ergonomics of the DEK1, I have almost XL hands and it fits me perfectly. I can get a solid full closed grip on it where the FK2 is girthier and fills the hand completely, I cannot get my pinky into the palm.
Initial observations from a novice reviewer so take this all with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I have small hands and slender fingers, and the DEK1 actually fits me very well, too. Must be within the normal range for the handle. Great ergonomics for cutting. Here are some in-hand photos and a comparison with a Spyderco Kapara for scale.

DEK1 isn't designed for bushcraft. Your hand will cramp up if you're applying a lot of force over a long period of time
the FK is a much better knife for that type of stuff

Back