delica 4 vs mini grip (EDC)?

delica 4 or mini grip

• Total voters
waiting on my new PM2 to come in so in the mean time what should i use delica 4 in vg-10 or the mini grip 154cm?

I much prefer the Delica to the mini Grip. I have medium size hands and the mini was too small for me.

I say mini grip. The axis lock is light years better than the backnlock of the delica. The mini grip may feel a bit smaller in the hand, but the blade feels much better balanced and sturdy.

Last edited:
Definitely the Delica, especially with the new mini grips being more expensive.

I have both. I like both. For daily carry I prefer the Mini Grip. For you, though, I chose the Delica.

I voted for delica for you. Mini grip in 20cv for me, however.

I voted for Delica. The handle is more comfortable for me. 4 way pocket clip is nice too.

You really can't go wrong with either choice. I have 2 mini grips, they don't get much pocket time.

Both rotating. They are both too great to ignore.
I didn't vote; how can I pick just one given such a choice ? !

Delitillian is better than Gripica, it’s really just a matter of personal preference though. Very hard to decide between these two excellent knives based on anything else.

Ritter grip with micarta scales is my daily office go to. I much prefer the axis lock to the lockback.

Delica

I've tried several including Mini Grip but keep coming back to the Delica, especially my Delica in ZDP-189.

Another strike against the Mini Grip - that combo blade! IMO, combo blades are an abomination. It's either full PE or SE for me.

I agree. Delica's ergo is definitely better than mini grip, for me. I did not measure but behind the edge, mini grip might be even thinner than Delica.

Back